Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 34
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lokey AP, bro. Switch to 93 map when needed. I can't seem to find your dyno numbers ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    AP, bro. Switch to 93 map when needed.
    I can't seem to find your dyno numbers for 93. What are they?
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    S205?
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I can't seem to find your dyno numbers for 93. What are they?
    Old clutch, old injectors, but here is my comparison graph on my first E85 tune. Dotted lines are 93. *My clutch was slipping*

Latest is on my home PC. I'll post it soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lokey HPTQ 93vsE85.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	124210
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not bad gains with E85. What injectors do you have now again?

Sorry...meanst S204 seats.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Sorry...meanst S204 seats.

Those look like they're more comfortable than the bobcat.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Those look like they're more comfortable than the bobcat.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Old clutch, old injectors, but here is my comparison graph on my first E85 tune. Dotted lines are 93. *My clutch was slipping*

Latest is on my home PC. I'll post it soon.

Name:	Lokey HPTQ 93vsE85.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	124210
    Thanks. Reason I'm curious is that I want to take a similar mod path to yours, but E85 isn't so plentiful here. I am just seeing if it is worth investing in a new top mount, injectors, and fuel pump if I won't be getting much out of it. BTW, the side mirrors look sweet with the vinyl.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650
    Thanks. Reason I'm curious is that I want to take a similar mod path to yours, but E85 isn't so plentiful here. I am just seeing if it is worth investing in a new top mount, injectors, and fuel pump if I won't be getting much out of it.
    You're not going to see E85 gains by any means, but the TMIC can increase the midrange a little bit, and if you have an intake, the injectors can allow you some decent gains in the top-end. If no intake, you have a safety margin in terms of headroom, which isn't a bad thing.

Because of the TMIC, you're typically able to run a bit more aggressive tune; higher boost due to lower pressure drop / increased ignition advance due to lower IATs (though, without relocating the sensor, you'll still have compensation tables be off). The additional airflow with an intake typically requires me to taper boost a bit more aggressively up top when mapping out a car in order to keep IDCs in check (without that restriction, some decent power can be gained).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I think I'm just going to do E85, especially after lokey told me how easy it is to switch back and forth if required.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You're not going to see E85 gains by any means, but the TMIC can increase the midrange a little bit, and if you have an intake, the injectors can allow you some decent gains in the top-end. If no intake, you have a safety margin in terms of headroom, which isn't a bad thing.

Because of the TMIC, you're typically able to run a bit more aggressive tune; higher boost due to lower pressure drop / increased ignition advance due to lower IATs (though, without relocating the sensor, you'll still have compensation tables be off). The additional airflow with an intake typically requires me to taper boost a bit more aggressively up top when mapping out a car in order to keep IDCs in check (without that restriction, some decent power can be gained).
    Thanks! I have an intake right now. I will probably hold off on this stuff for a bit, but it does sound like it would be pretty noticeable when I do eventually do it.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650
    Thanks! I have an intake right now. I will probably hold off on this stuff for a bit, but it does sound like it would be pretty noticeable when I do eventually do it.
    See below:
    2011 Subaru STI stage 2 plus intake. Before/After intake test. - NASIOC

The TMIC difference isn't a factor (and you may see more power with an aftermarket one), and I doubt much of the upper RPM gains are due to the DAVCS (Intake/Exhaust - STI) vs AVCS (Intake - WRX).

Quote Originally Posted by nopistons93
    I think I'm just going to do E85, especially after lokey told me how easy it is to switch back and forth if required.
    E85 is a great source of fuel if you have ready access to it regularly. If you don't, methanol is better. If you don't go the methanol route (the kits are expensive), a good ELH would make some good gains (both on 93 and E85).
    Last edited by EJ257; 11-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    See below:
    2011 Subaru STI stage 2 plus intake. Before/After intake test. - NASIOC

The TMIC difference isn't a factor (and you may see more power with an aftermarket one), and I doubt much of the upper RPM gains are due to the DAVCS (Intake/Exhaust - STI) vs AVCS (Intake - WRX).

E85 is a great source of fuel if you have ready access to it regularly. If you don't, methanol is better. If you don't go the methanol route (the kits are expensive), a good ELH would make some good gains (both on 93 and E85).
    I already have the intake installed and tuned for. I wouldn't mind having some extra space in terms of injector duty. I was at like 95% the last time I logged if i remember correctly. Anyway, now I want meth -_- and sorry for thread-jacking, Lokey
    Last edited by wrx650; 11-29-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

I Support ClubWRX
    No worries. I love good E85 pondering, so it's not thread-jacking here.

So, this is not the final graph (just sent Agile a wtf email, waiting for Hill to send the final comparison graph), and doesn't show my comparison of 93 to E85, just E85. It does show pretty much what I ended up with after the new clutch. Notice the extra ft-lbs. I have a paper copy of my final and could take a pic of it if you need to see it now.

Also, I switched from DW to ID injectors. I can chat about my experience with DW injectors and their customer service shortfalls via PM. Let me just say this publicly - Don't get DWs. Get IDs.

Name:	Lokey HPTG E85 JPEG.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	124242
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks. You're not the first person I have heard recommend ID injectors over DW. I am.gonna get some ID 1000 so I can run E85. There are a couple stations about 15 minutes from where I will be living so I probably will go ahead and do it come next summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.