Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by EJ257 Every dyno reads differently. I'm not that familiar with Agile's dyno (other than the fact it's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Every dyno reads differently. I'm not that familiar with Agile's dyno (other than the fact it's a Dynapack), so I'm not sure how to interpret the #s. Without a before/after comparison, it's also difficult to interpret (area under the curve difference). That said, ~40whp peak gains seems about on par with StageII+Intake/TMIC.

The only thing I don't like about the plot is the dip I mentioned, but it sounds like it will be addressed at a later date.
    The 'before' lines are actually on that crappy scan. The lines are just too thin and light for this POS scanner to pick up. I should have the electronic file posted by Monday...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Your right, it isnt an STi.. But I wasnt bashing on WRXs. Anyway, its a clean car and you have chosen some nice mods for sure.
    Thanks, man....just messing.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey
    The 'before' lines are actually on that crappy scan. The lines are just too thin and light for this POS scanner to pick up. I should have the electronic file posted by Monday...
    Once you get done with any touch-ups, post up a 3rd gear log with just RPM/Boost logged
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Will do.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Just an update: So my Forge BPV came in and got installed the other day. Now that I can safely do some WOT pulls, I'll try to get some data logging done tomorrow or over the weekend.

As for the boost plot and dip in the 3800-4400 RPM range, here's a bit from an email I got from Agile yesterday:

"Unfortunately the MAP sensor (boost) on the dyno is broken so I dont have a boost graph from the dyno, but Hill has been using the Cobb software to log boost while hes tuning. He said you could do a pull while datalogging with the AP and then use Excel to graph it pretty easily. He said you should be tuned to around 20.5psi. And he said that the dip in the graph is most likely a flow dynamics issue. He sees it on most of the new model WRXs and his guess is its something with the intake manifold design (but no hard proof to confirm that)."

Attachment 100424

Greg

Build Thread

Now that you had the chance to run the car hard do you feel it was worth the money over just Cobb stage 2?
    Also, did you install 1 step colder plugs? Hill told me it's not required but more of a safety factor.

I'm still on the fence about placing my order for a Process West tmic, Perrin EBCS, Forge Motorsports bov, and heading to Agile for a protune.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Definitely. In my opinion, it just pays to have the protune, if nothing else. Aside from the serious boost in hp an tq across the entire power band, the elimination of knock (which I was unaware of) and smoothing out those little fluctuations in the curves made it worth it. I'm not saying that Cobb's OTS tune is bad, it's just not made specifically for your car, and therefore should be tweeked. I can feeel the difference even when driving normally, especially in the smoothness of the initial acceleration. My wife even said "the car feels less jerky."

As for spirited driving, oh yes, I can definitely feel (and hear) it. Take a look at the steepness of the torque line. 320+ ft/lbs of torque at 3500 RPMs is really nice! I'm still getting used to hearing that compressor surge sound, though.

Greg

Build Thread

Sounds good, thanks for the information. If you don't mind, where did you get the Process West? I'm shopping around for the best deal. $925 shipped is the lowest I found.

I Support ClubWRX
    preracing.com...but call them for pricing.

Greg

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    preracing.com...but call them for pricing.
    Thanks man.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Once you get done with any touch-ups, post up a 3rd gear log with just RPM/Boost logged
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-U...EwOTI2YmY0NWU2

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    For what I was looking for, just Throttle Position, RPM, and Boost should be logged. It will give better resolution = better graph

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Take a new datalog with just RPM, PSI, and TPS logged for me when you have a chance

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

UNYSOC

Super clean, and nice numbers!

How are the Epics holding up on the stock struts?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.