Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by lokey Import Face-Off, Crofton, MD - Best Subaru How many of them were there?...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    Import Face-Off, Crofton, MD - Best Subaru

How many of them were there?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Apparently, I was the only Subaru there. :-P

Not sure. I think the ”ringers” were at wekfest.

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner
    Last edited by lokey; 08-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    My clutch has had enough and is starting to slip at wot in 4th and 5th. I plan to go with the ACT HD.

* * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm getting the PFFFE and P0301-0304 :/
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    I'm getting the PFFFE and P0301-0304 :/
    When did the code happen? Rough idle?

...I think it's the RA mudflaps.

Greg

Build Thread

Hey Greg, have you ever had any issues with the PW TMIC vibrating at low idles? Mine vibrated at 600 rpm. I raised the idle to 900 rpm with the AP and its fine there.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    Hey Greg, have you ever had any issues with the PW TMIC vibrating at low idles? Mine vibrated at 600 rpm. I raised the idle to 900 rpm with the AP and its fine there.
    Somewhat, before I got tuned. Now my idle is above 1,000, so no more roughness. It's no big deal if it vibrates a little and is a really just the nature of any top mount - all the solid mounting points are at the motor and/or bell housing, not the frame. Think about how much it moves when you hit harsh bumps and such. Just be sure to tighten everything down, especially the cold side hose. I degreased the inside of all hoses and used t-clamps for all 4.

Greg

Build Thread

Yeah, one of them already blew off a while ago, the cold side to the TB, so we replaced the clamp. I should really replace all of them...

Then over the summer I noticed there was a squeaking noise when idling with the A/C on. We figured out it was the BPV rubbing against the hood scoop shroud that came with the PW when the TMIC was vibrating at 600RPM. We raised the idle to 900 ish and all is well.

Thanks for the info.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    When did the code happen? Rough idle?

...I think it's the RA mudflaps.
    Those damn flaps... lol... yea this morning I was trying to head to work and on my way in, literally just outside my condo complex, the car started to get really sluggish when I gave it gas. I turned it around and tried to see if it would work itself out, thought perhaps it was just too cold out. I eventually reflashed the ECU with the Cobb Stage 2 +SF 93 map and it didn't get any better, in fact it was a little worse for a bit. It wouldn't turn over all the way a few times before it would barely come to life before bogging down and I'd shut it off. Got a tow truck coming tomorrow to take it up to the dealership to have them take a look at it. If I had the time I'd try to do it myself but I looked it over and I couldn't find anything noticeable.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I Support ClubWRX
    Those damn flaps... lol... yea this morning I was trying to head to work and on my way in, literally just outside my condo complex, the car started to get really sluggish when I gave it gas. I turned it around and tried to see if it would work itself out, thought perhaps it was just too cold out. I eventually reflashed the ECU with the Cobb Stage 2 +SF 93 map and it didn't get any better, in fact it was a little worse for a bit. It wouldn't turn over all the way a few times before it would barely come to life before bogging down and I'd shut it off. Got a tow truck coming tomorrow to take it up to the dealership to have them take a look at it. If I had the time I'd try to do it myself but I looked it over and I couldn't find anything noticeable.
    That sucks, man. I assume the filter and MAF sensor are clean. I had some pretty serious knock and idle issues on that map as well, so I may not be the best source of optimism. So you think the dealership (assuming Annapolis) is going to check it out if its stage 2+? Just for the sake of it, I went to them a few weeks ago to see if they'd give me a new clutch, since it was slipping. I realized, as they were holding back their laughter, that corn fed stage 3 cars may not qualify for clutch warranty coverage.

Greg

Build Thread

I'm calling clogged fuel filter! Replace that bish!

Hope you work it out...Bruce (DemonWRX) is dealing with some mayhem right now as well
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Any updates?

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Any updates?

Well got the car back and of course I left everything as is. Towed it to Annapolis Subaru ($138) and they called me back a few hours later saying it was done. Asked what they did they told me they uninstalled the AP and 'recalibrated the ECU' but left it with the stock map. I flashed the same stage 2 + SF map back in the Subaru dealership parking lot before leaving and drove the hour and half back South with no issues and none since. Honestly don't know, basically paid another $137 to them to 'hook it up to the machine.' I mean I'm not all too mad about that but $137 is a bit steep if you ask me. Going to call and talk with the service manager probably Tuesday. I believe he is the guy I talked to when they called me to tell me it was ready. I told him I wanted to get my throw-out bearing checked out and said that wouldn't be covered under warranty with the stuff I had done... which I thought was a little bit on the side of BS... nothing I have done, at least I don't think someone correct me if I'm wrong, should have a negative impact on a throw-out bearing chattering. I guess I'll have to get myself a new fuel filter and probably a few other small items and just get a protune done and call it a day. I'll focus on suspension after that.

I Support ClubWRX

Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch)

You guys are cute thinking your warranties mean something.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You guys are cute thinking your warranties mean something.
    Haha this is true.. I preach it.. gotta pay to play.. but sounds like I just need to pay to play the better way.. moar custom tune!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.