Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) - Page 2
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Lokey's 2011 WRX (SWP Hatch) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Beautiful car, lokey. Tastefully done....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Beautiful car, lokey. Tastefully done.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    Looks awesome. Everything fits together perfect. How do you like the epic springs?
    Overall, I like them. To be honest, they make me feel a little bit 'vlunerable' when driving DC and Maryland's crappy roads, being that I'm on stock struts. Other than that, I love the improved handling and stance.
    Last edited by lokey; 10-16-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, T0rque...it's no STI though. ;-)
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE:
    Process West TMIC and Grimmspeed EBCS installed. Protuned yesterday by Hill at Agile. See post #1...

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey
    UPDATE:
    Process West TMIC and Grimmspeed EBCS installed. Protuned yesterday by Hill at Agile. See post #1...
    Share the dyno plot (not just peak values). Until then, your posting privileges have been revoked
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Share the dyno plot (not just peak values). Until then, your posting privileges have been revoked
    I was trying to wait for the electronic version from Agile, but here's a crappy b&w scanned version to hold you over :-) -

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow wow wow! This car is gorgeous!! Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Very nice car all-around. Well done! Two things:

What octane were you running for that dyno? 91 or 93?

And I see a Cobb intake box in a pic but not listed in your mod list. But that pic doesn't have the bov...was just wondering if you ditched the intake or just overlooked listing it in the first post.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    I was trying to wait for the electronic version from Agile, but here's a crappy b&w scanned version to hold you over :-)
    Good deal. FYI: Your full name is posted on that graph, in case you wanted to edit that out

Did he give any inclination of what's going on 3800-4400?

See if the digital copy they give you can include a boost plot.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    Very nice car all-around. Well done! Two things:

What octane were you running for that dyno? 91 or 93?

And I see a Cobb intake box in a pic but not listed in your mod list. But that pic doesn't have the bov...was just wondering if you ditched the intake or just overlooked listing it in the first post.
    93 octane.

Good catch; added Cobb SFI.

As for the BOV, there's a story behind all that. After I installed the PW TMIC, the Turbosmart BOV was too tall and prevented the hood from closing. I therefore had to temporarily put the stocker back on after the protune was done....just until my Forge one comes in. Speaking of, anyone want to buy an almost new Turbosmart Dual Port BOV? I'll be posting it FS later this week or next.
    Last edited by lokey; 11-29-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Greg

Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Good deal. FYI: Your full name is posted on that graph, in case you wanted to edit that out

Did he give any inclination of what's going on 3800-4400?

See if the digital copy they give you can include a boost plot.
    No worries. At least people now understand my username isn't some clever play on words for lowering my car. :-)

We talked about that valley in there. Hill wants me to do some full throttle data logging in 3rd after my new BOV is installed. Then we'll revisit that little dip. I will ask for a copy of the boost plot and post that up, too.

Considering my mods and tune, does the graph look good to you otherwise? Due to the poor quality of my work scanner, you can't really see the "before" lines. I made some pretty substantial gains in both by taking the boost up to 20.5 - 38 hp (peak), don't remember the tq gains off the top of my head.
    Last edited by lokey; 11-03-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Greg

Build Thread

How does the car feel now? I would like to hear your honest thoughts before I go the same route. After e-mailing Hill I was told to use the Forge Motorsports blow off valve with the Process West tmic. That must be the reasoning behind it. Also said to stay with the stock intake. Did you discuss anything on that topic with him?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lokey
    We talked about that valley in there. Hill wants me to do some full throttle data logging in 3rd after my new BOV is installed. Then we'll revisit that little dip. I will ask for a copy of the boost plot and post that up, too.

Considering my mods and tune, does the graph look good to you otherwise? Due to the poor quality of my work scanner, you can't really see the "before" lines. I made some pretty substantial gains in both by taking the boost up to 20.5 - 38 hp (peak), don't remember the tq gains off the top of my head.
    Every dyno reads differently. I'm not that familiar with Agile's dyno (other than the fact it's a Dynapack), so I'm not sure how to interpret the #s. Without a before/after comparison, it's also difficult to interpret (area under the curve difference). That said, ~40whp peak gains seems about on par with StageII+Intake/TMIC.

The only thing I don't like about the plot is the dip I mentioned, but it sounds like it will be addressed at a later date.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Your right, it isnt an STi.. But I wasnt bashing on WRXs. Anyway, its a clean car and you have chosen some nice mods for sure.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    How does the car feel now? I would like to hear your honest thoughts before I go the same route. After e-mailing Hill I was told to use the Forge Motorsports blow off valve with the Process West tmic. That must be the reasoning behind it. Also said to stay with the stock intake. Did you discuss anything on that topic with him?
    It feels great, and I can defintely feel the difference, mainly in the smoothness/consistency of the acceleration. However, until my new BOV comes in, I have have to try to keep the boost tame. I therefore can't really tell you how much different it feels through the whole power band at wide open throttle. As for the intake, he had nothing but good things to say about the Cobb SFI+box design. We had a long discussion about the setup in relation to where the majority of the engine bay heat is and where the most cool air comes in. Though not really needed at this power level, Hill felt that their design made the most sense.

Greg

Build Thread