When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 22B05STI There's lots of build left in this thread That's what I'm excited for...

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    There's lots of build left in this thread
    That's what I'm excited for
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can honestly say, that I cannot wait to see your brand new [handbuilt by you] car. Your attention to detail is insane. Keep on keepin on!

(Definitely first post worthy)

EDIT: I've been watching this for quite a while now and is part of the reason I joined the site.

Thanks, I appreciate that you are following the build, it's going a bit slow at the moment because of me working in the American Le Mans series this year, so I am travelling a lot. We have just won five in a row in the p1 class.
    There is a lot to do with the Legacy build so it's going to be a long build thread

Your life continues to surpass mine in all sorts of manners.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Just a quick update on my work, we won the 3013 American Lemans championship with a total of seven overall wins in a row. There are two races untill the end of the season
    72 Hours with Muscle Milk Pickett Racing at the 2013 Grand Prix of Baltimore - YouTube
    Here is a in depth look at what happens over a race weekend

Here are a couple of pictures of my front subframe which is finished and will be shipped out to me soon from Ray at DRC

It will be painted and fitted to the car soon!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sick.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate that you are following the build, it's going a bit slow at the moment because of me working in the American Le Mans series this year, so I am travelling a lot. We have just won five in a row in the p1 class.
    There is a lot to do with the Legacy build so it's going to be a long build thread
    What? I guess its too late now,lol. I was at Limerock for the ALMS. Roamed the paddocks & was at that very same garage.

And a big congrats to the team.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Hi everyone, well I finally have an update, I have the front Sub frame painted and fitted to the car. I have to get a steering rack from a 05-07 Impreza STI and also need to modify a intermediate steering shaft to fit between the column and the rack as I have been told these are different spline on the Legacy Column compared to the Impreza. The front Bar set up is great, there are four positions on the ARB Arms to Adjust the bar from a soft to firm position (the Softest setting being the hole furthest away from the bar at the end of the arm which is where there is the most leverage action on the bar) also the splined bar itself can be easily changed.
    Here are a few photos of the Subframe in place

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What? I guess its too late now,lol. I was at Limerock for the ALMS. Roamed the paddocks & was at that very same garage.

And a big congrats to the team.
    Thanks, in the end we won eight of the Ten races and won the Championship, it was great to be racing again after two years away from working on a team. I guess you probably got to watch me working if you were at our garage :-) I hope you had a good time .

That is a work of art.Fantastic

Wait, did you build that subframe from scratch?????
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Wait, did you build that subframe from scratch?????
    No I didnt build it, it was built by a friend of mine Ray Cunningham, he is going to build me a rear Sub frame also.

The second part of this project is nearly finished. I have slowly been going through all the original parts and rebuilding them. I hope that someone will be interested in buying them to rebuild another Legacy back to it's former glory. Here is what I had in mind, I have to paint the diff housing which has rusted a lot just sitting around and go through the steering rack and fit bushings to lateral links and trailing arms and then this project is finished !

Everything is just so pristine. Love the updates to this thread.