When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I cleaned all the brake and fuel lines for the Legacy, most of the parts were covered in underseal and ...

I cleaned all the brake and fuel lines for the Legacy, most of the parts were covered in underseal and with a lot of turtlewax bug and tar remover I removed all the dirt and seal and everything is in exceptional condition. I also stripped out the doors tonight, I have to go through every piece going back into this car, I want it to be like new.

You can see the fuel filler breather hoses, they cleaned up really well and it only took about an hour to get them to look like this.....wished there was an easier way

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Fun project.. You are much like myself with a project.. When I have time..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

WOW....Very nice and very interesting.
    SoMeTiMeS iTs BeTtEr To AsK fOr FoRgIvEnEsS...... rAtHeR tHaN pErMiSsIoN!

I had the rear crossmember at our shop today that I am planning on using on the Legacy, we measured it and it looks like it will bolt into the Legacy, it is actually built for a GD.. Impreza. It will be on display at the SEMA trade show. I will hopefully be getting a front crossmember from them also. The company is Kaminari, we had just finished working on the owners Lotus Cortina so I was fortunate to be able to take photos today when he picked the car up so here are a few

If you are interested message me and I can put you in contact with him

Here is the front crossmember, I really hope this will fit also does anyone know if GD impreza front crossmembers bolt in also? We checked and measured the rear and it is the same, it would be awsome to fit both into my Legacy

Update
    Hi everyone, sorry I have not been online lately. I have been busy working on other projects to help make money to buy parts for the Legacy. I just finished work on a 84 March Indycar and will be spending the next few weeks or so working on a Indylights car

I am still searching for parts for my Legacy and have just placed an order for the proper intercooler and lines and pump for my EJ20 Engine. I am also going to be taking my Legacy to get the subframes made and fitted soon so I am very much looking forward to that and having Ray do some seam welding on the shell at the same time.
    I also had a great Christmas and got a scale model of a Ferrari 512LM that I worked in the 90's while working for my dads business.

In my spare time I like to build and collect scale cars, above are a pics of models I built and csome I bought.
    The Last few weeks of last year were spent working on an Alfa Romeo sports car engine similar in a few ways to the Ferrari engines we have built in the past, it is a huge project and will require hundreds of hours as it is being built up from a lot of parts which were bought out of Italy.

I am currently back working on a Cosworth DFV which is one of several we have to do this year.

Well I apologize the thread has gone cold but I hope you guys will keep checking in as I will be back working on the Legacy soon

Well today I sorted through a load of parts that I took from two N/A 2.2 Legacy sedans from a local Auto dismantler called picknpull. One of the cars was obviously a very nice car before it was crashed but the trunk and rear garnish were in excellent condition which I want for the spoiler delete, I will have one painted with original spoiler and this one without. I also picked up a good carpet, rear parcel tray with speaker covers and cutout for rear brake light. The big thrill was finding wind up windows with arm rests
    etc in excellent condition

I also picked up spare dash pad with no sunburn which I will have to respray to correct color and a bunch of the trim clips and fasteners etc which I labeled and sealed in bags.

Great thread! I have looked through it several times over the past few months it never gets old. I wish i could do this with my 70 impala but i'm stuck in a 1 car garage for the next few years.... =(.

Hi guys an update that is overdue here. I have the car on a rotisserie that I bought and it has been seam welded. I have finally gathered up all the pieces in NZ and will be getting a massive amount of parts shipped over for the project. I have so much going on it's hard to keep up. I hope the photos will keep you guys interested in the project. My apologies for not keeping it going like I should

Apology accepted, this story/build more than makes up for any delays!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

This is so baller
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Truly amazing work.

I will honestly admit I laughed a little upon seeing a Legacy on a rotisserie. That is proper love.

Must go do something on my car... not sure what, but I'll think of something.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, really cool project and great work!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

This project is amazing! Very nice work and I can't wait to see more.

Thanks Everyone, I hope that This project will continue to be interesting, I will try and post information along the way regarding the project but at this time there really is not much going on. I did want to mention that Modesto Subaru has been very helpful in supplying some of the much needed parts for this project, I had recently purchased new fenders, hood, drivers door and fuel tank and straps and protective covers as well as some plastic trim pieces for the wheel arches. And a front bumper cover. I will be painting a spare set of bumpers, fenders and hood in the hopes I will never need them. I have bought many parts for this car which have been the last one available through SOA so I
    Think it's very important to have spare parts that are new because of what I have done with this car, also they will be
    Painted with all the other parts so the paint will match.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.