When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

This is a discussion on When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting sad that someday in the future this project is going to be finished...then I hope you can grace ...

I'm getting sad that someday in the future this project is going to be finished...then I hope you can grace us with another one!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    It has cost a lot so far, more than a new STI !
    WOW! so about 35k at least?!? DAYUUUMMM!! You keeping the car or selling it? cuz if you do I think you can get a lot for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
    WOW! so about 35k at least?!? DAYUUUMMM!! You keeping the car or selling it? cuz if you do I think you can get a lot for it!
    I have no plans to sell this one, all my other Subaru's including my 1998 Impreza 22B would be sold before this one, there was a time when I started out I never dreamed I could ever own even a Legacy, it was just a super cool car that I worked on at that time, so now I am building my own, like new just as I remember it dream car :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    I have no plans to sell this one, all my other Subaru's including my 1998 Impreza 22B would be sold before this one, there was a time when I started out I never dreamed I could ever own even a Legacy, it was just a super cool car that I worked on at that time, so now I am building my own, like new just as I remember it dream car :-)
    I see and that good that you are reliving the good ol times. My brother have a 2001 legacy and he said his doing a swap with the Japanese engine for twin turbo. I cant wait to see that and I will race him on the track once I get my 2015 wrx and do some light weight mods among other things

Hi, I know it's been a while since I updated the thread, I have been busy working on the transmission and I ended up stripping the case off of it after I had an issue with not being able to get the transmission strainer back into place after I removed it.
    It is now back together and the case has been cleaned and the bolts and brackets have been re plated gold zinc.
    I also had an original strut tower brace shipped over from New Zealand and I have just finished that project, I re painted the mounts and polished the bar and plated the bloats and adjuster. I also fit a Perrin short throw shifter adaptor and we made new shift linkage bushings at the shop. I have also been working on the factory fuel rails which I will have to use because we live in California and I will have to get it checked for emissions etc so I did a lot of work to help them flow more fuel.

Here are some update photos

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112