When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on When ocd meets opportunity ..... The 91 Legacy ss project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm getting sad that someday in the future this project is going to be finished...then I hope you can grace ...

I'm getting sad that someday in the future this project is going to be finished...then I hope you can grace us with another one!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    It has cost a lot so far, more than a new STI !
    WOW! so about 35k at least?!? DAYUUUMMM!! You keeping the car or selling it? cuz if you do I think you can get a lot for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
    WOW! so about 35k at least?!? DAYUUUMMM!! You keeping the car or selling it? cuz if you do I think you can get a lot for it!
    I have no plans to sell this one, all my other Subaru's including my 1998 Impreza 22B would be sold before this one, there was a time when I started out I never dreamed I could ever own even a Legacy, it was just a super cool car that I worked on at that time, so now I am building my own, like new just as I remember it dream car :-)

I have no plans to sell this one, all my other Subaru's including my 1998 Impreza 22B would be sold before this one, there was a time when I started out I never dreamed I could ever own even a Legacy, it was just a super cool car that I worked on at that time, so now I am building my own, like new just as I remember it dream car :-)
    I see and that good that you are reliving the good ol times. My brother have a 2001 legacy and he said his doing a swap with the Japanese engine for twin turbo. I cant wait to see that and I will race him on the track once I get my 2015 wrx and do some light weight mods among other things

Hi, I know it's been a while since I updated the thread, I have been busy working on the transmission and I ended up stripping the case off of it after I had an issue with not being able to get the transmission strainer back into place after I removed it.
    It is now back together and the case has been cleaned and the bolts and brackets have been re plated gold zinc.
    I also had an original strut tower brace shipped over from New Zealand and I have just finished that project, I re painted the mounts and polished the bar and plated the bloats and adjuster. I also fit a Perrin short throw shifter adaptor and we made new shift linkage bushings at the shop. I have also been working on the factory fuel rails which I will have to use because we live in California and I will have to get it checked for emissions etc so I did a lot of work to help them flow more fuel.

Here are some update photos

Hi guys, unfortunately as some of you know I have had to completely stop on my project with the Legacy as I have run out of money to support it and I was unable to sell any of the parts I rebuilt that were out of the Legacy that I was not going to use Again in the car.
    I have started a build on a Shadow DN5 Formula one car and I have the intentions of conting with the Legacy after it's done.
    Here are a few photos of the project so far

Wait...so you're just done with the Legacy??? Like no more? Not going to finish..sit there in it's unfinished glory?????

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Wait...so you're just done with the Legacy??? Like no more? Not going to finish..sit there in it's unfinished glory?????

If I'm not mistaken I believe he intends to continue the Legacy after the current Formula 1 project he is doing to fund the rest of the Legacy project. Unless I'm reading it wrong and the Legacy is in fact finished...which would be an utter shame!

On a side note, what incredible work so far!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I will finish the project however I need to work on these cars to be able to continue. I will keep you all updated as I go along

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh, my day job sucks

You are nothing short of an artist whose canvas is cars. No joke.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I will finish the project however I need to work on these cars to be able to continue. I will keep you all updated as I go along
    Whew! I about had a meltdown of sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Ugh, my day job sucks

You are nothing short of an artist whose canvas is cars. No joke.
    +1 to that...eff boring day jobs.

+infinity and beyond on the artistry...seriously, that transmission looks impeccable...like its never been used in its life. Has it? I can't tell. Looks like a museum piece!

Thanks guys, I have a lot of work ahead of me and I appreciate you are following the build.
    The transmission is used and it came from Japan, it originally looked like this

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That F1 car is awesome.
    I'm sure at that level of build, you would have serious money invested.
    It makes sense that only one build is going on at a time.
    That has to be huge money, but awesome none the less.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.