My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so how would it work out if i did a cobb stage 2 tune with just the cobb downpipe? the ...

so how would it work out if i did a cobb stage 2 tune with just the cobb downpipe? the cobb intake and upgraded exhaust aren't really needed? I do a lot of highway driving and really don't want the in cabin noise

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    fuel pump is relatively pretty cheap ($100) for a walbro 255 which is higher flowing than your stock, if you wanted to you can always put that in the tank as well as go stage 2, that way you have plenty of fuel for your tuner to work with. As for the cams, subaru doesnt have the same issue as audi/vw does in that area, the cam follower is a common problem amongst that world.. We dont see those issues with our motors.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

so has there ever been an issue with the fuel pumps going on cobb stage 1 or 2?

I Support ClubWRX
    Not really

that sounds good

does anyone have cobb stg 2 with just the downpipe, without an intake and exhaust?

I Support ClubWRX
    you are going to need a free flowing exhaust for a stage 2, you can run a downpipe with stock cat back but you wont build boost like you should so you wont see the power because the stock exhaust is to restrictive

ok, so for stage 2 it is required to have a performance cat back and a downpipe? intake is not necessary? and would the spt exhaust be good enough?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by robmon21
    ok, so for stage 2 it is required to have a performance cat back and a downpipe? intake is not necessary? and would the spt exhaust be good enough?
    The map notes on Cobb's website tell you what is required for each map.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by robmon21 View Post
    Actually...all you technically need is a downpipe. I have the SPT exhaust but the reality is that on our motors a cat back doesn't do much other than get you the sound you want. Our intakes are also rated up to 400 whp. My tuner doesn't recommend changing that out unless you go with a FMIC (where it is required due to fitment) or you go north of the 400 whp mark. Anything under that and you can actually mess with the AFR's.

Added some side skirts this morning to extend the lines of the front lip.

nice side skirts i just got ones very similar just carbon fiber. stage 2 is great on the wrx or sti you don't need fuel pump just flash cobbs maps from the access port and your ready to go(with a dp of coarse for stage 2)
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    nice side skirts i just got ones very similar just carbon fiber. stage 2 is great on the wrx or sti you don't need fuel pump just flash cobbs maps from the access port and your ready to go(with a dp of coarse for stage 2)
    Mine are actually CF as well...I just covered them in black to match the lip for now.

the pictures are so clean and crisp, like the car. very nice.

the car looks so awesome great work :: side note just bought that same shift knob cant wait to get it

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.