My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 3
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Car looks awesome, inside and out. Did you see much in the way of an improvement from Stage 1 to ...

Car looks awesome, inside and out. Did you see much in the way of an improvement from Stage 1 to stage 2 in torque and HP? Looking at the datasheet from Cobb, it doesn't add much. I have stage 1, and debating if to go stage 2. I have Invidia catback and AEM cold air intake. If I do go stage 2, will get the Invidia divorced catted downpipe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Shag71brit View Post
    Car looks awesome, inside and out. Did you see much in the way of an improvement from Stage 1 to stage 2 in torque and HP? Looking at the datasheet from Cobb, it doesn't add much. I have stage 1, and debating if to go stage 2. I have Invidia catback and AEM cold air intake. If I do go stage 2, will get the Invidia divorced catted downpipe.
    I noticed a big difference in daily driving/mountain runs. The torque at the beginning of the curve made the biggest difference as well as the area under the curve gain. It is not always about peak numbers, but if you get a good tuner (like I have with Doug at TopSpeed), you will see good gains there as well while keeping a safe tune.

Subscribed Sounds good, stage 2 it is (prob not till after winter) I totally agree, I am looking for accross the range improvements (esp torque curve) rather than peak numbers. I will get the car rolling road tested/tuned after going to stage 2, with Mike and the boys at Kinetic Motorworks.

I Support ClubWRX
    Even the base #s/curves of the TP map look good. You mentioned that Eric did minor tweaks to the map, was that more to clean up where it was "off" (typical of a generic map) or was it to give you more power over the generic map?
    Last edited by EJ257; 09-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Even the base #s/curves of the TP map look good. You mentioned that Eric did minor tweaks to the map, was that more to clean up where it was "off" (typical of a generic map) or was it to give you more power over the generic map?
    Tweaks for the most part. Although he did pull a little bit more out at the same time.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    how did you do the tails? I hate my clear tails in my 08 swp wagon.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Oh man this car is awesome, mad props. I love a super clean suby, and yours is CLEAN! I think I should've just got a newer hatch like yours. Keep it coming!!

I'm cobb stage 2 with aem intake on the cobb mapps still... But those numbers seem like its a conservative tune for a pro tune... or i hope at least. Is that really all were getting our of our 11's? With a downpipe and exhaust only 285 to wheels and 324hp? I was hoping with my current mods I would get at least 300 to wheels or little more.... anyone else with stage 2 wrx 2011 got around same numbers?
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

I Support ClubWRX
    285 Isnt a bad number, you do have to realize that there is a lot lost on an AWD car.. so for a stage 2 car to put down 20 hp over oem crank HP to the tires is pretty impressive on a conservative tune. Another thing to think of is all dynos are different, he may see 300 on a higher reading dyno

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    285 Isnt a bad number, you do have to realize that there is a lot lost on an AWD car.. so for a stage 2 car to put down 20 hp over oem crank HP to the tires is pretty impressive on a conservative tune. Another thing to think of is all dynos are different, he may see 300 on a higher reading dyno
    +1

Dyno's are a tuning tool and not a basis to compare cars unless they were run on the same dyno...on the same day...with the same conditions. My car would read differently on every single dyno it gets run on and on the same dyno on a cooler or hotter day. You can't really compare against others. Another thing to consider is that while you are moving on the road...you have zero issue getting cold, clean air. On the dyno...you have to manufacture that. Numbers are generally better on clean runs with clean air...not deep in the tuning process.

You are looking for good curves and gains over baseline...not the raw numbers so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    +1

Dyno's are a tuning tool and not a basis to compare cars unless they were run on the same dyno...on the same day...with the same conditions. My car would read differently on every single dyno it gets run on and on the same dyno on a cooler or hotter day. You can't really compare against others.
    You also need to factor in the fuel. A tank of gas from the same station bought on different days could easily yield a 5% or more difference in power.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Well you've just convinced me to go stage 2 and start spending mod money on my car. Especially given that Top Speed is local. How long were you on the dyno for?

Quote Originally Posted by JackWrx View Post
    Well you've just convinced me to go stage 2 and start spending mod money on my car. Especially given that Top Speed is local. How long were you on the dyno for?
    A couple hours. Doug really takes his time to get it perfect.

I dont know too much about subarus, but I would like to go cobb stage 2 with cobb downpipe and spt exhaust.

I am conserned becasue I had a 2007 audi a4 2.0t with apr stage 2 with downpipe intake and exhaust. long story short my fuel pump gave out and my cam follower wore down so bad that it started to destroy my cams....

if anyone knows what i'm talking about can you give me good hopes about going stage 2 with my 2011 wrx??? i'm worries about fuel pump failure and immature wear on the cam follower and cam(s)

Stage 2 is a very common and reliable mod on Subarus. I wouldn't worry about reliability unless you don't get the right tune or don't maintain the car correctly.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading