My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Very nice, spark silver looks really good with black wheels. I got the Invidia dp myself. How do you like ...

Very nice, spark silver looks really good with black wheels. I got the Invidia dp myself. How do you like the TP map? I have tried it and didn't care for the way the car feels between 2-3k rpms under normal driving. Just feels flat compared to the Cobb map.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Very nice, spark silver looks really good with black wheels. I got the Invidia dp myself. How do you like the TP map? I have tried it and didn't care for the way the car feels between 2-3k rpms under normal driving. Just feels flat compared to the Cobb map.
    Do you feel like the Cobb map comes on harder?

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good, man!
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I really dig the carbon fiber work you did. did you have experience with this stuff? thinking about trying it myself, but i don't want it to look like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    Do you feel like the Cobb map comes on harder?
    I wouldn't say it comes on harder. Just feels like it has more usable torque in the low end. I'm talking normal driving conditions not under w.o.t.

I've decided to stay with the Cobb map for safety sake until I have the cash for a Process West TMIC and protune.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Nice mods you have so far. I'm thinking about the racks. Question thou, does the roof rack impede the view/light of the sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaneri View Post
    I really dig the carbon fiber work you did. did you have experience with this stuff? thinking about trying it myself, but i don't want it to look like ****.
    None. That was the first time messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjoe View Post
    Nice mods you have so far. I'm thinking about the racks. Question thou, does the roof rack impede the view/light of the sunroof?
    A little bit...but not much. It is really just a couple of bars going across.

I have the subaru roof rack and they are super noisy if you ever open the sunroof. So much so that I never open the sunroof unless I'm gonna be going <25 mph.

I Support ClubWRX
    how did you do the tails? I hate my clear tails in my 08 swp wagon.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by rokarion View Post
    I have the subaru roof rack and they are super noisy if you ever open the sunroof. So much so that I never open the sunroof unless I'm gonna be going <25 mph.
    Thanks, good to know. OP do you agree with the noise?
    Also, I see you switched out the Subaru momo knob to a different one. Any reason why? I'm about to get the momo.

Thx.

I Support ClubWRX
    mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjoe View Post
    Thanks, good to know. OP do you agree with the noise?
    Also, I see you switched out the Subaru momo knob to a different one. Any reason why? I'm about to get the momo.

Thx.
    That new shifter is from SUBARU - WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift-Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!.They custom make shift knobs.Very high quality & the best available IMO.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    The Hertz HSK 165XL 6.5" components went in. Ryan at SladeAudio.com did the install and fiberglass work on the pillars to get the front sound stage forward some. The pillars came out even better than I had imagined.
    I hate that I missed this thread! Just wanted to quote this post as Ryan is a good friend and is obviously passionate about his work. Really great results on this install.

Love the car! How do you like the Yakima rack? I'm thinking of picking up one this winter.
    2011 SWP WRX Premium 5-door!

This past weekend, I finally got my 2011 WRX in to TopSpeed for a custom tune. I had made the decision to hold off on any more power mods until the warranty was up, so the goal was to make sure the motor was running efficient and safe while putting out power. I built this car with mountain runs in mind...not the drag strip...so useable power in that situation was the ultimate goal.

I do not have the stock baseline numbers on this car.

Event:
    Custom Stage 2 Dyno Tune
    Ambient Temp: 93 degrees
    Elevation: 1000 feet (est)
    Weather: Sunny

Car: 2011 Subaru WRX SSM Hatch
    Dyno: Dyno Jet
    Tuner: Douglas Wilks
    Peak HP at RPM: 284.88
    Peak Torque at RPM: 324.46
    Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: N/A
    Target Boost: 19 PSI
    Fuel: 93 Octane

Power Mods

Invidia Catted Downpipe
    Subaru SPT Cat Back Exhaust

Rest of the mods can be found here --> RSutton's Stage 2 SSM 2011 WRX Hatch Progress - NASIOC

The RunFile_001.drl is actually the Torqued Performance (in Denver) stage 2 map I was already running. Eric at Torqued had actually done a couple of edits on the OTS map based off of a couple road 3rd gear pulls I had done...so I guess you could consider that a custom e-tune.

The RunFile_015.drl is the final mapping we finished with on the car. Peak numbers on the previous run were actually 285 hp/330 ft lbs but we backed it off just a little bit to increase the safety factor.

Overall, I am incredibly happy with the result. As you can see by the graph, we gained a ton of useable power in the beginning of the RPM range which makes the drivability of the car so much better around town. WOT acceleration is crazy smooth now and pulling out of tight turns and other mountain run situations is effortless...just what I was looking for.

Doug and the crew at TopSpeed are a killer group to work with. Doug really takes his time to make sure your car is perfect before he rolls it back off the dyno. I can't wait until that day the warranty is up to go back and get a 1.5DOM with supporting mods installed.

2011 Subaru WRX TopSpeed Dyno Pull - YouTube
    Last edited by rsutton1223; 09-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.