My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 18
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nice progress and documentation of it...

Nice progress and documentation of it
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definitely a lot of work and money, good craftsmanship of course. It's a shame with things like this you don't get your money back out of it.... then again, maybe you're never planning on selling it in which case it doesn't matter
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Picked up a watch that matches my interior.

Cylinder 2 finally let go as the infamous ring lands showed their expected demise. Ultimately, the stock pistons lasted a lot longer than I thought they would at 44k total miles on the car and 22k of that at 392whp. Luckily, we were ready to go with a new short block already. It is getting broken in this week so I will have final numbers and pictures later this week/early next. I am actually thinking about doing an e85 map this time as well.

TSM RR1 Short Block
    • 99.75 CP Stock Compression Ratio Pistons
    • Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
    • ACL Main Rod and Thrust Bearings
    • ARP Case Bolts
    • Blueprinted Oil Galleys
    • 2012 STI Crank

Check and Deck Heads
    STI 11m Oil Pump
    Killer B Oil Pickup Tube
    ACT HDSS Clutch

Very cool! Sorry but noob question... what exactly is a "short block"? And I'm not sure if you covered this at all before. But why start off on a wrx and not an STi? I just ask because of how much you have put into it, and how awesome it is, wouldn't it have been easier(ish) to start from an STi?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    Very cool! Sorry but noob question... what exactly is a "short block"? And I'm not sure if you covered this at all before. But why start off on a wrx and not an STi? I just ask because of how much you have put into it, and how awesome it is, wouldn't it have been easier(ish) to start from an STi?
    It's the motor before you put the heads on basically.

I get asked a lot why I went with the WRX over the STI...well this is why...

It wasn't a money thing for me on which car I could afford. I traded in a car that was a lot more expensive to get this one. I wanted a four door car that could carry the son I had on the way, take me mountain biking and had all wheel drive. It was between the WRX, STI and EVO. I opened the trunk to the EVO and that got x'ed right away. The hatch Subaru is awesome for function that can still be tracked.

I actually made a spreadsheet on what each car had...the differences...and my plans on replacement aftermarket parts (which includes a new short block too by the way). I couldn't justify paying the 8 to 10 grand difference for just a 6 speed and differentials. Yes...you can get a base sedan for low 30's but you can not get the hatch with the options I wanted at that price so it was a true 8 to 10 thousand dollar difference for a lot of parts I would be taking off anyway.

So I instead put that money towards building the car I really wanted. The only PITA was the wheels...so custom drilled Works were the biggest headache but it all worked out.

Besides...there is nothing wrong with rocking a rear WRX badge and ignorant people thinking it is so much slower than a STI.

gotcha. makes sense to me lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    how much did you put aside for the short block and was your guess for it right?
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Another teaser picture of my TopSpeed Motorsports RR1 under assembly...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    how much did you put aside for the short block and was your guess for it right?
    I had already planned on it and bought the short block.

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha. Absolutely excellent job with the car. The interior and wheels are gorgeous.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

You going to put her on some E85 now and turn it up?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    You going to put her on some E85 now and turn it up?
    That's the plan after the holidays.

Love what you've done with the car ... and the pictures ... keep them coming
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX (Premium) | EFI Logics Tuned Stage 3 | Cobb SF CAI | Invidia EL Race Header | Cobb Catted Downpipe | Borla CBE | PW TMIC | Grimmspeed EBCS | Grimmspeed AOS | DW 65C Fuel Pump | Grimmspeed Light Weight Pulley | SPT Short Shifter | JNA Front Lip | EPIC Performance Springs | SMY Cluster w/ Boost & Oil Pressure

I Support ClubWRX

This pic is awesome! Such a great looking car, well done.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

My 2011 Stage 2 Update

First 150 miles went really well. More driving to do tomorrow before she gets worked on Saturday...

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    First 150 miles went really well. More driving to do tomorrow before she gets worked on Saturday...