My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 17
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been running Hawk HP+'s for awhile. I absolutely love how they bite and they have had zero issues ...

I have been running Hawk HP+'s for awhile. I absolutely love how they bite and they have had zero issues on the track or mountain runs. However, they dust like a damn blizzard and are squeaky as hell. The running joke was I had was that I after I washed my car...just pulling out of the driveway would get my wheels dirty. To make matters worse, the dust is brown so it even really showed up on my flat black wheels.

After dealing with this for awhile, I finally decided to run a DD set of pads and a track/mountain run set of pads. Since it basically takes 20 minutes or less to swap pads on Brembo's including jacking the car up, this really isn't that big of a deal.

I searched around the internet to find a set of pads that were half way decent that didn't dust all over the wheels. After seeing some reviews on TireRack.com and IWSTI, I landed on the Posi Quiets.

As the name implies, they are QUIET! They also do not get the wheels dirty...and they are pretty cheap. They aren't Autozone brand cheap but a lot cheaper than the track pads. The braking bite is not as good as the HP+'s but I was expecting that. They are find for daily driving use and that is all that really matters for their purpose.

We'll see how they do over time, but so far I am liking the different pads for different purposes setup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice!
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Man you're making me start to itch lol!
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
    Man you're making me start to itch lol!
    You may want to see your doctor and get some type of cream for that...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

So we went to work on some more of the interior last night. We are going to do more of a proper photoshoot of everything later, but I thought I would go ahead and get some pictures up of the progress today.

Last night we...

Wrapped and installed the new GTSpec D Shaped wheel covered by JPM to match the interior.

• Black leather sides
    • Black Alcantara top and bottom
    • Red Alcantara stripe at 12 o'clock
    • Red stitching

JPM wrapped the new 3 way A-Pillars in black Alcantara with black double stitching. Hertz 165XL tweeters (matched with the 6.5" woofers in sealed doors) and Tang Band W3-1364SA 3" Bamboo Cone Driver mid-range.

Finished the dash treatment by extending the black Alcantara to the tops of the doors.

Pictures really do not do the interior justice. Alex and Joe at JPM Coachworks have done a fantastic job. It completely changes the entire feel of the car when you sit in it. I could not be any happier at this point.

Now we just have to get the second Sparco seat in and I need to pick up another 4 way amp and JBL MS-8 processor. We have something special in mind for that processor as well...

So previously, I was running a 2 way passive front stage with custom a pillars that housed a single tweeter. As you can see by the new interior upgrade, it is now a 3 way system that is going to be setup active.

To setup a 3 way active front stage, you have to get an external processing unit and delete the passive crossovers. I decided to use the new JBL MS-8 as it has an onboard amp that can power the tweeters and mid range on the pillar while I can power the mid basses in the doors and the sub off my existing amp. The plan is to get another 4x100 full range class D (probably another Hertz HDP 4) to power the pillars, but this will work in the meantime to get everything running.

The JBL MS-8 is a pretty impressive piece of equipment. It came down the Audison Bit One and this unit, but the ease of setup really sold me on the MS-8 along with some reviews from some fellow audio geeks. The unit comes with a LCD control display and you actually wear a set of headphones with mics on each side to setup the listening positions in the car.

Everything is hooked up and sounds great so far. I still have a lot of tuning to do before it will be where I want it. But it fits under the seat and gets the job done. Here is a teaser of some of the fab work I am in process of completing for the LCD display. It is going to sit flush mounted to the center console where the S drive would usually be.

Thanks to Joe at JPM...my control unit for the JBL MS-8 is mounted for good. It looks great and fits perfectly.

love your progress.
    i was thinking about going with the xxr 18x8.75 setup as well, but will the fenders need to be rolled if im on tein s-techs?
    CA | MI
    2012 OBP Sedan in desperate
    need of a drop and downpipe

I Support ClubWRX

My 2011 Stage 2 Update

Quote Originally Posted by tee wrx View Post
    love your progress.
    i was thinking about going with the xxr 18x8.75 setup as well, but will the fenders need to be rolled if im on tein s-techs?
    All depends on the offset. If the offset is 38/35/30 then expect to roll the rear fenders. If the offset is 40/42/44 then they should be fine depending on the tire size you use. I recommend rolling the rear fenders just to be safe

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    I have to ask, would you mind giving a rough ballpark for what all this coachwork interior work is running you (excluding the electronics, just the leather/alacantara work)? Four digits, five? It looks phenomenal, regardless.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    You may want to see your doctor and get some type of cream for that...
    May need to drop some more dead presidents.

Dude car is really coming together sick.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

beautiful car man.

Stunning!!!!! And Incredibly Well Done!!!!!

my mouth drops every picture you post. Keep it up man its flawless
    '13 SWP WRX Sedan

My 2011 Stage 2 Update

wow.... this thread makes me want to not keep my car stock anymore