My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Now how did you get the cover for the cup holders?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Now how did you get the cover for the cup holders?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, that interior is incredible. What a work of art!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    That interior is awesome. Very nice job to JPM and nicely done mods to you sir.
    Thanks man. I am really looking forward to getting the seats and steering wheel in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Now how did you get the cover for the cup holders?
    I actually picked up a used STI center console because it is much easier to wrap than the open design in the WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    I actually picked up a used STI center console because it is much easier to wrap than the open design in the WRX.
    I thought that may have been the case. Talking with my guys here and they wanted to do the same thing, but I'm not sold on wrapping my center console yet.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque

I thought that may have been the case. Talking with my guys here and they wanted to do the same thing, but I'm not sold on wrapping my center console yet.
    +1. I drink way too much coffee to have something that sweet in the center. :-P

Sent from my Android using Forum Runner

www.modmeets.com
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

BlendMount FTW.

Started working on styling the interior up a little bit today. Still working on what I really want to do...but this is a start.

SPT Turbo Heat Shield

SPT Oil Cap

My center caps finally came in.

Go by rsutton198, on Flickr

So the seats were set to be ready yesterday when Alex at JPM texted me the bad news. The embroidery machine went down last night half way through the final logo for the seats.

It is going to be next week on the seats. He was really upset that it couldn't get done today. It's all good though...a little bit more time is not going to kill anything and stuff like this happens in custom manufacturing. The good thing is that their customer service is over the top regardless of who you are...so I will patiently wait a couple more days for the seats to be finished. It will actually give a little bit more time to finish up a couple other things we are doing with the interior.

Or so I thought when I posted that on a different thread on the updates on the interior. Last night, Alex got in touch with me and said "I have a surprise for you, check your thread on the Interior section of NASIOC"

And I found this post...

Quote Originally Posted by JPM Coachworks View Post
    While the above is still true (and we're taking the machine in for service tomorrow), I did want to share a bit of an information that I've been keeping secret from Robb today. In a completely unexpected McGuiver style series of movements, Joe managed to help coax two additional embroidery jobs out of the machine before it completely went kaput. But Shh! Please don't spoil the surprise

Also, please keep in mind that fitment tweaking or adjustment has not been performed. If you think that the seat upper looks a bit plain, then you're correct. We're missing the belt-guides (also known as harness pass-throughs). Replacements, in black, are on order from Sparco.

And before I forget, we do not force our marque upon any of our products. Any product or project that you may come across that features our name has been added by the request of the customer.

Happy Friday,
    Alex
    Holy hell...they are coming out even better than I had imaged!!! :banana:

We got one of the seats in yesterday. It is amazing how much it transforms the interior already. I am completely blown away. I can't wait to get the other one in and apply some finishing touches on the interior.

I dropped off the other seat (the one I was using in the drivers seat) so it could get done yesterday. Keep in mind, the black harness pass throughs have not come in from Sparco yet so those will be added to the installed seat as well. This is also not the final steering wheel design. JPM should have the new wheel in and recovered sometime this week.

Here are some pictures to pass the time. I am going to do a real shoot of the interior once everything is in and complete. We have something insane in process for the A pillars but I am not sure if that will be done yet when I everything else goes in.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks really good, man!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Audio additions on the horizon.

For the WBM, we put in a regular hood in place of my SMY in the interest of time. For those of you that don't know, the SMY is a pain to wrap because it is not symmetrical. After some begging and bribing, Joe at JPM did me a huge favor and wrapped my SMY so I could get my gauges back. Up until this point, they were tied off under the dash.

I still need to figure out something for my wideband gauge though. I hate where it is right now. I used to have it in the storage compartment below the air controls, but now it won't fit like I had it because of the STI center console swap. I really wish there were more gauge mounting options for the GR's...

I will be switching out the Prosports for some Defi's soon. I am not convinced the Prosports are entirely accurate and the quality just isn't there.

I Support ClubWRX
    I used a basic prosport guage pod and mounted it dead center on the steering column. Want me to go out to the parking lot and get a phone pic? I really don't feel like working today anyway...
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

The RCE Tarmac 2's are installed alignment scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Car in the garage

Before and After Rear

Installed Rear

Before and After Front

Installed Front

Camber Plates

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Niice!
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I have been getting some questions on how the car is sitting on the new suspension...so here are some quick pictures.

And a Instagramesk picture...because everyone seems to love those...