My 2011 Stage 2 Update - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 Stage 2 Update within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nice build !!!...

Nice build !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks great

Wheres those seats?!
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Love the look of your hatch man, hopefully I'll be picking up my own pretty soon.

I'm not sure if you answered this question already, but what did you use to red out those tail lights? They look great in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post
    Love the look of your hatch man, hopefully I'll be picking up my own pretty soon.

I'm not sure if you answered this question already, but what did you use to red out those tail lights? They look great in the pictures.
    The Big 2011/2012 Mod thread
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I need to check back into this thread more often. I'm sorry for the late responses on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_WRX View Post
    Awesome build man! I love the look of your car. I have just a few questions. A few pages back you took the roof rack off. I heard roof racks sometimes rub the paint which causes marks in the paint. did this happen to you? and how is the roof rack mounted on the car? is it easy to take off? I am wondering because i am planning on ordering a 2012 hatch within the next month or so and i am debating getting a roof rack. I ride BMX a lot and i dont know if it will be a hassle or not putting my bike in the back (folding the seats down of course. thanks
    The paint is fine as long as you are diligent about waxing. Mine comes on and off a lot (sometimes in the same week) depending on what I am doing with the car. I like to drive and ride a lot. It is mounted using the Yakima landing pads directly to the plates that are in the top rails. You can also put a hitch on the car and run a hitch rack if you don't want to have them on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by john2378 View Post
    Hey was looking into those prosport gauges how r they ...bought the cluster just didnt decide on gauges yet
    They are ok. They match the interior which is nice but the motors are loud. I will probably end up replacing them with something else down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    First I want to say your car looks awesome so far and the more and more I see the hatches the more I like them kinda wishing I took a look a one but thats besides the point. I was wondering if you had a link from where you got the 3m carbon fiber from. I found a few different places online so was just curious. Did you install the 3m? How hard was it if so, and would you have any tips for someone else trying it. Thanks man.
    3M Scotchprint 1080 carbon vinyl off of eBay. I installed it and it is pretty easy with a hair dryer and some patience.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    update with the seats?
    Almost done actually! The delay is because we decided to go with a difference design concept on them. It is going to be sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda_K_Power View Post

Duplicolor Metalcast red and Clear Coat.

Ok...time for some updates on the car.

I got rid of the SPT exhaust as it was too loud for my tastes and I wasn't a fan of the way it fit the car. The tips were sunken in and the pipe really dropped down around the differential. So...I went with the GReddy SP Elite.

After 1 track day...the Hankook V12's were completely toast. I took those off and put on some 265/35 Michelin Pilot Super Sports. More grip and much better wear on the track.

And...new parts are starting to show up for some fun I will be having over the next week or so of install...

I am debating going stage 2 with my 2012 dgm hatch..I went Stage 1 soon after buying it and was blown away at the differce between that and my stock 2011 sedan. I've heard stage 2 is a GIGANTIC leap forward. Worth the cost? I was thinking a cnt catless dp seeing as eric from torquedperformance recommended cnt.

Car looks smokin man.

I Support ClubWRX
    I thoroughly enjoy your updates.I thought maybe you sold the car since you haven't posted in a while.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeusFenix View Post
    I am debating going stage 2 with my 2012 dgm hatch..I went Stage 1 soon after buying it and was blown away at the differce between that and my stock 2011 sedan. I've heard stage 2 is a GIGANTIC leap forward. Worth the cost? I was thinking a cnt catless dp seeing as eric from torquedperformance recommended cnt.

Car looks smokin man.
    The big jump you get with going to Stage 2 is the torque. I am a complete sucker for higher torque numbers. Mine at Stage 2 is dropping 320 ft/lbs. to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I thoroughly enjoy your updates.I thought maybe you sold the car since you haven't posted in a while.
    Just getting ready for 400+ whp!

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad to see you back with some updates!

Kinda excited to see how those seats turn out!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    Keeping an eye out for the build! Small question thought. You are protuned correct? How big is the difference between an the AP map & A Protune?
    Last edited by angelfox; 05-02-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Hey Rage - No build thread for you? I'm sure you have some work done by now, with all the info you've gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by rsutton1223 View Post
    Keep it up. Car looks great! How's the drone at 1.5 to 2.5k rpms with the new exhaust?
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

Quote Originally Posted by angelfox View Post
    Keeping an eye out for the build! Small question thought. You are protuned correct? How big is the difference between an the AP map & A Protune?
    Not a HUGE difference but it is safer and smoother while getting more power. The Cobb maps run pretty rich so they can advance timing safely on cars that have a wide range of variables. If they were to lean it out a little bit to be ideal for whichever car they were making the map on...they run the possibility of other cars they are selling the map on to knock and pull timing further damaging the engine. That said...they do a great job of providing a product that is safe for 99% of the modified motors on the market (not even counting different fuel grades). That is not an easy task.

Getting protuned takes your car to it's exact happy place. You notice it will driving. Acceleration is smoother, drivability is increased and you sleep safely knowing the map is made for your car given you use a reputable Subaru tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Keep it up. Car looks great! How's the drone at 1.5 to 2.5k rpms with the new exhaust?
    Much better than the SPT. There is actually a resonator mid pipe on the GReddy. I can actually drive with the windows down again!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.