Sinister's Progress Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 544

This is a discussion on Sinister's Progress Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sinister Grimmspeed stuff is in the mail Attachment 99055 Plus I already have the AOS, the EBCS, ...

  1. #46
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Grimmspeed stuff is in the mail

    Attachment 99055

    Plus I already have the AOS, the EBCS, and the License Plate Relocation kit.
    Nice list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    absolutely.. value is awesome... and their wear rating is superb.
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I run the Ventus.
    Which ones R-S3, V12, V4. I gotta get new tires next year if I want to run my summer wheels. I was also thinking of getting the Nitto NT555. I am liking the reviews of the V12's on Tire rack and Discount tire.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 08-22-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    We both have the v12's. They're estimated at 40,000 miles in the size I got.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  4. #48
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    So that one thread I sent you wasn't enough to be convincing?
    I'm going back to the 1.5xtr now... I emailed Blouch and told them my goals, the fact I'm at 6,000ft when I race, and the fact I'll be 91 oct every day except race day with e85. We'll see if they still recommend the 20g xtr or if they'll agree that the 1.5xtr is the way to go.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  5. #49
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Grimmspeed stuff is in the mail

    Attachment 99055

    Plus I already have the AOS, the EBCS, and the License Plate Relocation kit.
    nice. The more I get from them, and done by them, the more I like the company.

  6. #50
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    nice. The more I get from them, and done by them, the more I like the company.
    so far I like all my stuff... I'll let you know if that changes with this current batch I am concerned about the intake manifold coating chipping.
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  7. #51
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    We both have the v12's. They're estimated at 40,000 miles in the size I got.
    What size is that? For all the more I put on my car in the summer that would work fine.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  8. #52
    Registered User shadowpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    TX, NY
    Posts
    1,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    so far I like all my stuff... I'll let you know if that changes with this current batch I am concerned about the intake manifold coating chipping.
    i would have liked to get mine pnp'd and coated, but alas, it's plastic.

  9. #53
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    I have the 245/40/17's
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  10. #54
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I have the 245/40/17's
    How much of a difference in miles do you think there would be between 18's. Sorry to use up abunch of space in your thread.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  11. #55
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,722
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I'm going back to the 1.5xtr now... I emailed Blouch and told them my goals, the fact I'm at 6,000ft when I race, and the fact I'll be 91 oct every day except race day with e85. We'll see if they still recommend the 20g xtr or if they'll agree that the 1.5xtr is the way to go.


    I'd go the 1.5 route on my car (after considering the 20G) if I had a need to stay stock-location, but when I finally upgrade, I've decided to just go rotated from the start.

    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    How much of a difference in miles do you think there would be between 18's. Sorry to use up abunch of space in your thread.
    No real difference. The major difference in tire wear will be your alignment and how you're driving the car, not the wheel diameter (unless it causes you to rub).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  12. #56
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

    No real difference. The major difference in tire wear will be your alignment and how you're driving the car, not the wheel diameter (unless it causes you to rub).
    Thw alignment is standard for now. I will change it alittle whenever I do struts and springs. They shouldnt rub either and the car is basically a dd with alittle fun on back raods here and there. Those tires will probly do pretty good for me then. Thanks guys for the help and info.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  13. #57
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,722
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878
    Those tires will probly do pretty good for me then.
    I've run them for quite a while on my car.

    My take is that they're great for someone on a budget. If you're really looking to track/Auto-X the car, you need to look elsewhere (then again, you should probably have dedicated tires for event days anyway). For an all-around regular DD car summer tire @ ~$100/corner, they're worth the buy. Where these tires really shine is wet pavement; my last summer tire was way too hydroplane-prone for my liking.
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-22-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  14. #58
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I'd go the 1.5 route on my car (after considering the 20G) if I had a need to stay stock-location, but when I finally upgrade, I've decided to just go rotated from the start.
    I like having a top mount intercooler. The front mount would attract a lot of attention (both good and bad). And it's always nice to have a car that's a lot faster than it looks.

    Btw... blouch got back to me, and Mike agreed with my thinking regarding the 1.5xt-r for my goals. He said if I'm going to stay pump to do the 8cm, but if I'm looking at doing e85, the 10cm would be great.

    10cm^2 it is
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  15. #59
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    werd


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  16. #60
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,722
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I like having a top mount intercooler. The front mount would attract a lot of attention (both good and bad). And it's always nice to have a car that's a lot faster than it looks.
    You don't have to go FMIC. The P&L kit uses a TMIC.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    Btw... blouch got back to me, and Mike agreed with my thinking regarding the 1.5xt-r for my goals. He said if I'm going to stay pump to do the 8cm, but if I'm looking at doing e85, the 10cm would be great.

    10cm^2 it is
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •