Subaru WRX Forum banner

Twistedphrame's almost a real boy now!(build thread)

5K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  Mikie13 
#1 · (Edited)
So finally started actually doing stuff to the car and I figured I might as well make as spot to post picks and updates.

Unfortunately I really don't have the money to pay off the car AND do cool stuff to it so This will be slow moving, but probably lots of pics on and off.

My first mod: Perrin 3" cbe (after a 6 week back order wait it finally came).
A friend of my father's has a limo and has his own lift so we got to use that. Everything went real well. The only problem is the driver side tip is dead center where it should be and the passenger side is too far to the outside. Tried fixing it twice and continue to suck at doing so.... :shakehead:

Also finally partially de-badged my trunk.
I went for a "I'm really bored and don't want to wash the car photo shoot"
I brought along my (unnecessary) lighting gear. haven't quite figured out the best way to set it up just yet.

An in between setup shot.

Engine/Exhaust:
Perrin CBE

Suspension:
Whiteline 24/22 mm adj F/R sway bars
Kartboy endlinks.

See less See more
#44 ·
So I'm wondering what the pros over the AP the tactrix cable has over the Ap if I need to buy a laptop to actually use it. I've read a bunch of the tactrix vs Ap articles and I (personally) really don't need a lot of the features that an AP has that something like Romraider doesn't. But if I'm spending close to $400 (with a laptop) for a tactrix cable why not just go the bit extra for the ease of use of the AP?

#45 ·
Ease of use for a Tactrix cable is just as easy. You ultimately could get more features just cause of the logging abilities alone using Open Source. AP doesn't have that. Plus, you have the ability to get a lot better maps, internet/e-tunes for great prices, and so on, more tailored to your car than the basic OTS maps from the AP.

PS Edit...you'll also now have a nice new laptop to use for other things than tuning purposes as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.