Twistedphrame's almost a real boy now!(build thread) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Twistedphrame's almost a real boy now!(build thread) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by twistedphrame Thanks, I like the fact that the likely hood of another white stinkeye sedan having something ...

Quote Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
    Thanks, I like the fact that the likely hood of another white stinkeye sedan having something similar is extremely small.

Didn't think about that at all, of course thinking about it still surprises me that it'll affect the air flow so much. I'll definitely have to reconsider it. Maybe I'll be transferring funds from that into a new snake terrarium haha.

Isn't it closer to "a lot more power" compared to stock than "a little more power" though?
    You're probably getting about a 25% bump in power...but its all in the control of your right foot.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Looking good =).

Being in a similar boat with money, I'd start with some bushings. It not only teaches you about your car mechanically, the result/$ is amazing. A $20-$30 bushing makes a huge difference in driveability (for the better of course). I'd strongly recommend checking out some rear subframe bushings and rear diff inserts at least.

Tactrix cables aren't a bad buy. I had an excellent experience 'eTuning' mine with Mikey over on nasioc. I'm extremely pleased with the results. I'm holding off on a down pipe for a bit - I'd like to get a couple gauges and a WB02 first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Tactrix cables aren't a bad buy. I had an excellent experience 'eTuning' mine with Mikey over on nasioc.
    That's my plan. Already have the tactrix, and am waiting on 1 more gauge.

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Would any one know where I'd be able to get a service manual? I can only find them for legacies a few years back.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
    Would any one know where I'd be able to get a service manual? I can only find them for legacies a few years back.
    http://www.daviswoody.com/2009Subaru...viceManual.pdf
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I've been slacking off coming around here. But thanks to Irene I spent a morning in my parents basement under the car and finally fixed my exhaust. It's no longer all cockeyed and what not. I'm considering getting myself some sways and endlinks as a bday/christmas present I know I want 25/24mm(perrin vs whiteline) front adjustables and 22mm rears but I'm not too sure about what endlinks to get. I know whiteline and perrin both have their own but to be perfectly honest I don't really know the difference between any of the brands.

I Support ClubWRX
    You can never go wrong with Kartboy endlinks.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    You can never go wrong with Kartboy endlinks.
    this.

I Support ClubWRX
    So I moved last month to a new apartment and as part of the promotion I don't have to pay rent for October. That meant that until this morning, I had about 1500 I could spend on things and still break even (rent + what's normally left after food and a tank and a half of gas) so what awesome mind blowing set of mods do I recklessly spend it on? How much time am I going to get to spend installing parts? 0 on both counts. What do I do with it? I squander it by putting it all into my car loan. I hate being overly responsible, I'm far to young for that. *face-palm*

I Support ClubWRX
    $1500? Save for a rainy day.

Oh wait, that's all it has done around here for a ~month.

Save the $1500 regardless.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I was originally going to do that but I've got enough in the bank right now to hold me for a while if things do go south and aside from rent the car is the only large bill I have so I figured the sooner I don't have to dish out that money every month the sooner I can actually save it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've been scouring the internet for a good explanation of the differences between straight and curved endlinks. I've managed to find the difference between curved and straight watch endlinks, as it turns out ones curved... As for car endlinks I'm not really coming up with too much. I think I've found that it has to do with clearances with various things under the car. I also went into under the assumption that the curved endlinks would be stronger. Can any one explain the difference to me?

Thanks,
    ~Jordan.

One's curved.

That's all I got...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cute car!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast