My 02 wagon build - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 02 wagon build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do the gutter guard mod. It will make the grill look much better. IMHO...

Do the gutter guard mod. It will make the grill look much better. IMHO
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Do the gutter guard mod. It will make the grill look much better. IMHO
    I was actually thinking of deleting my grill when I got my hella horns and painting the horn wrb. Ive neglected exterior mods I was to focused on my motor but I think my car looks to plain
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    Did you paint the hood scoop a flat black? It's kinda hard to tell from the pics. I badly need to re-paint mine...the paint is chipping off all over. Looks clean
    I just left it unpainted the same as ur side skirts. I think it gives it spunk
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

All right folks im getting a new excady stage one clutch and was looking into either the streetlight act flywheel or,the prostreet act flywheel, what do u guys think
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I bought this kit: STi & WRX Performance Parts: Exedy Clutch & ACT Streetlite Flywheel Combo, WRX 2.0L (SAVE $50.50!!).

It came with: Excedy stage 1 clutch, ACT Streetlite flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing alignment tool and lube

I installed all the parts in my garage with a help of a friend in January and since then have put on around 9,000 miles it. I still get a slight chatter when the car is cold or if it sits for a night in the damp air but overall I'm happy with it.

I've read a lot of guys saying the lighter flywheels on bugeyes will throw engine misfire codes but I haven't experienced that. I would not recommend going with the Prolite flywheel. The 2.0 revs a lot quicker with the Streetlite than with a stock flywheel but still has some mass to help get the car moving without having to rev it up every time you need to start from a stop. If you go too light you will lose drivability.

Choose wisely and good luck!
    - 2013 BRZ Limited, WRB, manual
    - 2002 WRX WRB Sport Wagon (Stage 1) SOLD
    - 1968 Mercury Cougar w/ custom 331ci stroker & 5-spd
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4
    ~Best 1/4 mi Trap Speed: 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by 2002SubieWRX View Post
    I bought this kit: STi & WRX Performance Parts: Exedy Clutch & ACT Streetlite Flywheel Combo, WRX 2.0L (SAVE $50.50!!).

It came with: Excedy stage 1 clutch, ACT Streetlite flywheel, pressure plate, throwout bearing alignment tool and lube

I installed all the parts in my garage with a help of a friend in January and since then have put on around 9,000 miles it. I still get a slight chatter when the car is cold or if it sits for a night in the damp air but overall I'm happy with it.

I've read a lot of guys saying the lighter flywheels on bugeyes will throw engine misfire codes but I haven't experienced that. I would not recommend going with the Prolite flywheel. The 2.0 revs a lot quicker with the Streetlite than with a stock flywheel but still has some mass to help get the car moving without having to rev it up every time you need to start from a stop. If you go too light you will lose drivability.

Choose wisely and good luck!
    Thank u sir very much appreciated I may just do the street light.
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Update for all who care just got my windows tinted, also I just got a jdm short shifter, perrin shifter bushings, act streetlite flywheel, and a excedy stage one clutch kit. Next week is going to be like xmas with all these parts. Also changed the spark plugs got stage 1 colder plugs and man that was a pain to install.
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Good thing you got the streetlight and not the prolight. I have the ACT streetlight paired with an ACT HDSS clutch and it feels great. I really wouldn't go any lighter with the flywheel. When I bought my car it had an Excedy flywheel that was too light and it would misfire and stall any time I would hold the clutch in.

Nice to see my gears have a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Good thing you got the streetlight and not the prolight. I have the ACT streetlight paired with an ACT HDSS clutch and it feels great. I really wouldn't go any lighter with the flywheel. When I bought my car it had an Excedy flywheel that was too light and it would misfire and stall any time I would hold the clutch in.

Nice to see my gears have a good home.
    Yea i did a lot of debate considering i found a place that had the prolight for 199.00 with free shipping. But after research i got the streetlite for 220. i figure the extra 20 bucks are worth what i want. im doing a lot more research now and building this thing right

P.S. the gears are great
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

ok so all my parts are here and I will install in the next few days. I have a opportunity to get a pair of strut bars or a grimspeed crosspipe? what do u guys think?
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    ok so all my parts are here and I will install in the next few days. I have a opportunity to get a pair of strut bars or a grimspeed crosspipe? what do u guys think?
    I say go with the strut bars. You'll feel the difference all the time as opposed to just when you're on the gas with the crosspipe.
    ~Best 1/4 mi ET: 13.00 Video here--> http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MVI_0378.mp4

Registered User Black_N_Blue2002's Avatar
    Can we just start a WRB Wagon gang please?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_N_Blue2002 View Post
    Can we just start a WRB Wagon gang please?
    Agreed. That is a great idea! Where in Seattle are you at? I work in the Wallingford area down by Lake Union.
    Last edited by 2002SubieWRX; 10-24-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Registered User Black_N_Blue2002's Avatar
    Agreed. That is a great idea! Where in Seattle are at? I work in the Wallingford area down by Lake Union.
    +1!

I'm in redmond, but I have access to photographers and some pretty cool car guys. And now that I bought my wagon there are a bunch of my friends looking at em lol.
    WRB 2002 WRX Wagon Intake-ectomy Stage 1 COBB AP, up pipe Blakc 17x8's and TOYO R1R's
    1999 Forester Pushbar with rally lights and BFG All-Terrains... GF's DD
    1964 Chevy Impala Wagon Showcar, 93k original miles #'s Matching original 327 SB with 300HP (SOLD!!!)

Congrats on the new car! I absolutely love mine. The utility of the wagon, simplicity of the engine and sporty ride make it the best car I've owned. Have fun with it.

In case you haven't heard, the stock uppipe has been known to break apart and send material through the turbo. You will want to either replace it with an aftermarket catless unit or gut a stock unit. I did the former and it's been a great mod so far. Slightly quicker and earlier spool time and about 5-10 wheel hp gain for only $180. Also it's good to know that the transmissions in the '02 and '03 model WRXs are known to be rather weak. Drive it with respect and you'll be fine, but rev it up and drop the clutch from a dead stop an you may be searching the classifieds for a replacement used transmission. Just a couple quick thoughts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.