My 2011 STI - Page 9
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 STI within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thanks man... I think I'm actually gonna use stained glass paint or red tint paint instead of the overlays so ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks man... I think I'm actually gonna use stained glass paint or red tint paint instead of the overlays so hopefully that turns out looking good too...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It might be just me but I like the overlays better than the taillight tint.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    It might be just me but I like the overlays better than the taillight tint.
    so do i. it's just easier, and can be undone.

Your car looks really good. I love the Rota's. Did you have any trouble getting the tips lined up on the Q300? Also, did you use stock or aftermarket hangers?
    I have the Q300 also and I've tried a few times to get the tips even but no matter what I do the outside tips on both mufflers sit a tad lower than the inner tips.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Your car looks really good. I love the Rota's. Did you have any trouble getting the tips lined up on the Q300? Also, did you use stock or aftermarket hangers?
    I have the Q300 also and I've tried a few times to get the tips even but no matter what I do the outside tips on both mufflers sit a tad lower than the inner tips.
    Yeah I have tried a couple of times but I can't get the drivers side tips centered.

Out with the old

and in with the new

This was well worth the money I just wish that I had the group M tranny mount so I could have replaced it while I had it out any way.
    Last edited by sjcurtis; 10-18-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Nice! How do you like it with the transmission crossmember bushings? I'm thinking about getting that and some inserts

It is awesome the shifts feel so much better and I can hear the transmission wine, it almost reminds me of ho the inside of a wrc car sound just not as loud.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm surprised you didn't do this earlier.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I will be doing alot more bushings now! I might even make Teflon Jones proud.

I finally took the time and took my amps out from under my seats and mounted them to the back of the rear seats and it turned out great.

And I just put my Perrin BOV on the car and I might be wrong but it fills like there is not as much lag between shifts, I guess because of how the valve is made and that its adjustable so you can make it close faster and adjust the stroke so you can make it not release all the pressure out if the charge pipe.

I will be doing alot more bushings now! I might even make Teflon Jones proud.
    Good luck with that one. That guy is a royal PITA and a total jerk.

And I just put my Perrin BOV on the car and I might be wrong but it fills like there is not as much lag between shifts, I guess because of how the valve is made and that its adjustable so you can make it close faster and adjust the stroke so you can make it not release all the pressure out if the charge pipe.
    You are going to get tuned for that right?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

This was taken on the way to a car meet in Mobile. I think it is a great shot.
    2011 STi | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by sjcurtis; 01-20-2012 at 02:27 AM.

I love your creativity and the skill you put into the car. The cool thing about STi's is how creative you can be and you have done a really good job on the car Curtis.

Quote Originally Posted by janderson13 View Post
    I love your creativity and the skill you put into the car. The cool thing about STi's is how creative you can be and you have done a really good job on the car Curtis.
    Thanks!!!!!! I really enjoy work on my car and trying to make it my own and in the process I have caught the eye of some local Subaru guys and have done some work on there cars. So far I have worked on my friends 08 STI witch I installed a 20G, 750cc injectors, 255 walbro fp, Perrin turbo inlet, ACT lwfw, Exedy stage two clutch, GrimmSpeed uppipe with a external wastgate and a open dump tube. The car was tuned by Top Speed and made 390whp and 350wtq. I also did a oem clutch replacement on a 09 WRX. My gaol is to some day in the near future build me a shop and always have something to work on and I might even start charging for the work Hahahaha.