My 2011 STI - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 STI within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I love the exhaust... How loud is it?...

I love the exhaust... How loud is it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didn't think it was that loud just driving it myself but I let someone drive it the other day and dear god it sounds good and it is louder than I thought. I will try to get a sound clip of it some time this week and post it up.

Just got my Tanabe springs and my Eastwood fender roller in now I just have to find the time to work on the car.

A couple of shots of the car after the drop springs.

god i love this car! one thing though, do you still have the stock struts in? i thought that it wasn't a good idea to go any lower on them. or is that WRX specific and not STi?
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

It still has the stock struts. I just replaced the springs. Where did you read that we need to replace the struts?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    It still has the stock struts. I just replaced the springs. Where did you read that we need to replace the struts?
    well, i'm not certain of this but most of what i read (WRX specific, you may be okay with the STi) says that basically the stock struts are pretty maxed out as it is and going any lower can cause the struts to blow. in some cases, less than a few thousand miles. the only springs ive read about not causing issues are Epic Engineering but that's because they were designed around the stock struts. when i get some time, i'll try to search for more links. for now, here's one (it's got another link in it as well)

2011 wrx lowering springs and sways? What works wiht the 011's i am being told diff?

again, i don't know much. hopefully someone with some real knowledge can step in and provide some more input. i just remember hearing it wasn't a good idea for my car (WRX not STi)
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm on the Epic springs and stock struts right now, and they seem fine (a little soft), but I plan on adding Konis when they're available...

2011 WRX Wagon & Koni's
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Look at my new nuts.

I love GOOOOLLLLDDDDD

i am new to this, but what is the thing you wrapped?

That would be the header.

Registered User 2011REXRoyalBlu's Avatar
    I used Dupli-Color adhesion promoter then used VHT nite shades tint spray. Dupli-Color Adhesion Promoter. This durable primer provides great adhesion when painting plastic, fiberglass, bumpers and aluminum trim molding. - Improve adhesion of all paints - Quick drying clear primer - Ideal for plastic, chrome and other metal surfaces - Interior/exterior
    So all you did was step 1. Spray with Dupli-Color adhesion promoter, step 2 VHT nite shades tint spray.. That is all?

I cleaned it with some paint thinner first but yes that is all I did.

Do you think it would be easier to take the badge off of the car before doing the work? Do you know how to remove the badge?

Here is the back door panels finished.

How did you remove those doors? I am about to install speakers but have no idea on how to really.. Did you have to run new wires to the h/u or could you use the stock wiring? I plan on buying a new head unit, doors speaks for from and rear and new tweeters for the front. Could you give a quick step-by-step on how to remove the door panels? And if its not too much trouble, if you had to run new wires, how to do that as well.. Pretty please

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.