My 2011 STI - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2011 STI within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Eff that dude...that's not gay at all. I roffle at the people who spend 0+ on the two boots. That ...

Eff that dude...that's not gay at all. I roffle at the people who spend $100+ on the two boots. That $100 is spent MUCH better elsewhere. Kudos to you cause it looks good. Has a nice baseball stitch look to it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice job. Now can you stitch mine too?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

It was pretty easy but it just took some time and alot of bad language on that note did you know that needles are F#$@ing sharp?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Interesting enough though...they all are the same calipers if I recall correctly. STI, Evo, 350Z/G35, 2005-2007 CTS-V, etc. Hmmmmmmm....

I'm about to paint my Brembos Orange.
    No. 04-07 STi brembos are German Brembos. 08+ are a cheaper Brembo. Still brembo but not German.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    I really dig the titanium chrome rota is doing on some of the wheels. The caliper paint actually turned out really good! Also the burnt tips look good, kinda wishing Id of gone that route now.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Did you remove the old stitching, or just add the red on top of the original stitching?
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Did you remove the old stitching, or just add the red on top of the original stitching?
    I just add the red stitching over the original. I just started at the bottom of the boot in the middle of the seem and go up and over to the next hole that is already there. Then go stright across on the back side. You can only do one side at a time so on each boot you well have to make 4 passes from bootom to top, 2 passes per seem. If that makes any sense hahahaha.

Not sure if someone asked this, I read through most of your build, but what percentage tint do you have and what brand? My last car I had 3M tint (20% on all back windows and 35% on the front) and I won't get anything else but I know some brands look difference even at the same percentage. Found your thread here by looking for pictures of red brake calipers. Thinking about doing that too.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know what each level looked like on my old car (2009 Impreza - now have an '11 WRX in DGM) but I want to go all the same percentage this time and I'm in between 35% and 20%. I like 20% more but there is a chance I may be moving to Maryland and can't pass inspection with anything below 35%. Then again with the slight stock tint even 35% might make it illegal. Mainly want to find a WRX in black or DGM with 35% all around to see if I like it and it's not too light. Thanks.
    Last edited by dskier360; 08-10-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dskier360 View Post
    Not sure if someone asked this, I read through most of your build, but what percentage tint do you have and what brand? My last car I had 3M tint (20% on all back windows and 35% on the front) and I won't get anything else but I know some brands look difference even at the same percentage. Found your thread here by looking for pictures of red brake calipers. Thinking about doing that too.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I know what each level looked like on my old car (2009 Impreza - now have an '11 WRX in DGM) but I want to go all the same percentage this time and I'm in between 35% and 20%. I like 20% more but there is a chance I may be moving to Maryland and can't pass inspection with anything below 35%. Then again with the slight stock tint even 35% might make it illegal. Mainly want to find a WRX in black or DGM with 35% all around to see if I like it and it's not too light. Thanks.

I have 35% tint all the way around but I am not sure what the brand is. I would love to have gone a little darker but Alabama law is 35% and I really dont like getting pulled over so I went legal

Well I had a buddy come over the house so we could roll his fenders and while we was talking tires I found out that he could get me some tires at cost. He said that he had a friend that worked at a wholesale tire dealer in town and as long as the size I needed was in stock he could hook me up. Well a week goes by and I get a text saying he didn't have any 265/35/18s in stock but he did have some 275/35/18s that a customer spiecal ordered and never picked up and if I wanted them he would give me a hell of a deal. He called me back and said the tires where Cooper Zeon RS3 and he would let me get them for $375 cash so I said Helz yeah when can I get them. Needless to say I pocked them up that day and put them on the next day. I had to roll rear fenders completely flat and cut some of the plastic in the rear fender but it still rubbed so I had to put the stock springs in the back which I think it looks better now because it looks leveled out.

Well I haven't posted any updates on the car for a while so here are a couple of pictures of the new additions. I bought a Thule roof rack with two Yakima Raptor bike carriers. I also got a cheap eBay front lip that is taking some getting used to because it hits everything.

I had to make some extensions to my already homemade ramps because of the new lip hahahahaha

And on a off note I seen some cheap ass cars at a local meet in Birmingham

I picked up a buddy of mine that had surgery just to get him out of the house and take him to pay some bills and grab something to eat. As we was talking about things I wanted to do to the STi he remembered that he had some new parts left over from a project STi build that he did about a year ago. So when we get back to his house he brings me a brand new water pump and a brand new set of JE pistons and tells me that I can have them for $100. I think I got a pretty sweet deal.

Last edited by sjcurtis; 03-19-2013 at 01:02 AM.

And here are some pictures of the roof rack in use

Last edited by sjcurtis; 03-03-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Well the car is fixing to roll 50k miles and it is still running great but now my car looks like a golf ball. I drove to work one night last week and about ten minutes late a freaking hail storm dropped golf ball sized hail for about 15 minutes and dimpled the whole car up. The estimate that I got from the insurance company was $6,900 and luckily I have a friend that owns a body shop and he is going to make sure the car is fixed up right. I guess there is a up side because we looked at the differance in cost for fixing the hood and trunk or just replacing they with some flossy SEBION carbon fiber pieces and I am going with the carbon fiber hahahaha. I ordered the SEBION CW hood, trunk and spoiler today and the car goes in the shop on Monday. My question is should I go ahead and get a carbon fiber roof wrap or would that be to much? I am thinking since the car is DGM that it will all blend in and look good but I really would like some opinions on the roof wrap.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.