05 STI when OCD meets opportunity. pictures attached - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 151

This is a discussion on 05 STI when OCD meets opportunity. pictures attached within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First of all, the car looks great! I truly applaud your patience and attention to detail! Now, I have a ...

  1. #106
    Registered User psychobooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USAF
    Posts
    17
    First of all, the car looks great! I truly applaud your patience and attention to detail!
    Now, I have a question about that STI strut tower brace. I have the same one, but I haven't installed it yet. How much did you have to bend the AC lines to install the brace? Was it difficult? I'm just worried about breaking an AC line. Thanks for the help.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    First of all, the car looks great! I truly applaud your patience and attention to detail!
    Now, I have a question about that STI strut tower brace. I have the same one, but I haven't installed it yet. How much did you have to bend the AC lines to install the brace? Was it difficult? I'm just worried about breaking an AC line. Thanks for the help.
    The Ac lines did not take much to move at all, I don't think you will find the install difficult. I will take a close up of the bracket I had to move as well to install it and then post it for you


    Here are the closeup pictures for you, I had to move the security horn bracket on the passengers side of the strut tower as you can see in the picture and I also had to move the clamp down on the drivers side to clear the strut brace. Just be careful with bending the AC lines not to kink the line at the bends, it needed very little adjustment to fit, it is soft so ease into it and you will be fine!
    Last edited by 22B05STI; 11-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.

  4. #108
    Registered User psychobooe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USAF
    Posts
    17
    Nice! Thanks man. I need to get that thing installed.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

  5. #109
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    Nice! Thanks man. I need to get that thing installed.
    Yes it is a great brace and I noticed a difference to the way the car felt after I fitted it. I also fitted the cusco rear diffuser chassis brace to my car, as it was an 05 and did not come with the diffuser. After fitting this I noticed a huge difference in the chassis flex, it actually picked up the rear wheel off the ground turning into the driveway of our house and it origially did not. That alone was evidence enough for me and I had the car for almost a year before I fitted these parts so I was well aware of the changes these parts made.

  6. #110
    Registered User oguitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    Yes it is a great brace and I noticed a difference to the way the car felt after I fitted it. I also fitted the cusco rear diffuser chassis brace to my car, as it was an 05 and did not come with the diffuser. After fitting this I noticed a huge difference in the chassis flex, it actually picked up the rear wheel off the ground turning into the driveway of our house and it origially did not. That alone was evidence enough for me and I had the car for almost a year before I fitted these parts so I was well aware of the changes these parts made.
    That Cusco brace will probably be my next suspension mod. Sounds like it really works good. My wagon needs this badly.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

  7. #111
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Marcos, Ca
    Posts
    22
    wow, amazing pics and awesome work you have done. your car looks wonderful. wish mine was that clean

  8. #112
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by New Rex View Post
    wow, amazing pics and awesome work you have done. your car looks wonderful. wish mine was that clean
    Thanks, I have had it since new so it has been a little about maintaining what it was when it was new. I hope it is just the start for this car. lots of things to come for this 05!

  9. #113
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393

    New Tires

    The new Bridgestone potenza RE 070's fitted to the rear of the impreza have fixed the noise that started me looking at the uprights and driveline in my Impreza. There was a manufacturing defect that cause a small flat spot to develop during my drive back from Indiana to Las Vegas, so now I have the new tires it is a very quiet and smoothe ride. I would also like to highly recommend the parts department at Las Vegas Subaru. The parts manager was very helpful in getting the parts for me and I was really impressed with the dealership. Anyone in the area who has been there would agree, they are very helpful! I am still working on a project to make some carbon fiber brake ducts for my STI and when I get my first set done and finished I will post pictures. I hope to make these available for sale but I am only in the design stages at the moment so I will post here when I have finalised the design and had a set made.

  10. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Marcos, Ca
    Posts
    22
    I have heard good things about Subaru Las Vegas. too bad I live in San Diego...
    can't wait to see the brake duct design you come up with. very interested

  11. #115
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,985
    Quote Originally Posted by New Rex View Post
    can't wait to see the brake duct design you come up with. very interested
    +1

    I'd like to see that too
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

  12. #116
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1

    I'd like to see that too
    I am looking forward to getting the first set done and fitted to the car, I have the one set drawn up and a rough mold sent out to my Friends back in Indianapolis. I am not sure how long it is going to take as this is really a side project for them and they are too busy to work on it at the moment. I will definately let you know when it is underway and I will post pictures. Hopefully I will have some Idea before Christmas

  13. #117
    Registered User xFalleNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    4,032
    So I took the time to read through this thread this morning while drinking my coffee, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the job you've done. The car looks great and the work was amazing. It's nice to see that you've had the time and funds to bring that car back to what it is now.

    Seriously, really nice job!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

    Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

    Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

  14. #118
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Marcos, Ca
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    I am looking forward to getting the first set done and fitted to the car, I have the one set drawn up and a rough mold sent out to my Friends back in Indianapolis. I am not sure how long it is going to take as this is really a side project for them and they are too busy to work on it at the moment. I will definately let you know when it is underway and I will post pictures. Hopefully I will have some Idea before Christmas
    sounds good. it's nice having friends that can make things

  15. #119
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    So I took the time to read through this thread this morning while drinking my coffee, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the job you've done. The car looks great and the work was amazing. It's nice to see that you've had the time and funds to bring that car back to what it is now.

    Seriously, really nice job!
    Thanks, I appreciate your comments and that you took the time to look through the tread. I hope to be building the JDM version spec c & S204 suspension up into this car in the near future so I will bump the thread again with pictures of the install. I am trying to sell my Indycar and if I do that then I think I will start buying up the parts

  16. #120
    Registered User 22B05STI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Monterey California
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by New Rex View Post
    sounds good. it's nice having friends that can make things
    Yes It's good to have friends in that Industry, as composites are really a specialists field and not something I could do at home. I am fortunate to know a lot of other talented people that can help me out when the project is more than a basic machining job etc!
    I will probably be going back to Monterey California again soon to work with my Dad at least untill I can find something that is worth making a commitment to, and he has a machine shop which I hope to make brakets for the brake ducts while I am there. I am planning to make rear ducts also that will be fairly small but useful if you were doing some track days in standard impreza STI !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •