05 STI when OCD meets opportunity. pictures attached - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI when OCD meets opportunity. pictures attached within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Awesome work man. Great thread....

Awesome work man. Great thread.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Glad you got it all back together!

This thread is so full of win.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

There are a couple of other things I wanted to mention about this project. I made a brake bleeder bottle using this stainless steel drink bottle and drilled two holes and glued barbed vacuum fittings into the lid. One fitting is to allow the bottle to breathe and not pressurize during bleeding and the other I put tube to the bottom of the bleed bottle which helps prevent sucking air back into the caliper when the bleed screw is opened, this bottle is much bigger and easier to deal with than the small ones I found at the autoparts stores.
    The other thing about bleeding brakes is that there is a specific order to carry out bleeding in the manual, that is (1) Front right (2) rear left (3) front left (4) rear right. this is the order to bleed your brake calipers in.
    I have also been using the permatex ultra disc brake caliper lube on the friction surface on my backing plates (where the shoes contact the plate) on my last few brake jobs and it looks like a really good lube for this application on the parking brake shoes.
    I also graphite sprayed all my hubs and wheel studs ( you may have noticed the grey color of these pieces) we use this spray on brake bias bars in Indycar and It difinately helps prevent siezing and rust issues so I have tried this on my project here, I am sure it will help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00104 (4).jpg  
    Last edited by 22B05STI; 11-15-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Glad you got it all back together!
    Thanks, I took it to the Subaru of Las Vegas dealership today and they were blown away by how new it looks, got lots of compliments from them. I have a few more projects in the works that I am excited about and hope to have some performance pieces for 04 05 STIs available in the near future that will be very functional and add to the look of the car!
    I want to mention also how helpful the parts department at Las Vegas Subaru is, they have been awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by 22B05STI View Post
    There are a couple of other things I wanted to mention about this project. I made a brake bleeder bottle using this stainless steel drink bottle and drilled two holes and glued barbed vacuum fittings into the lid. One fitting is to allow the bottle to breathe and not pressurize during bleeding and the other I put tube to the bottom of the bleed bottle which helps prevent sucking air back into the caliper when the bleed screw is opened, this bottle is much bigger and easier to deal with than the small ones I found at the autoparts stores.
    The other thing about bleeding brakes is that there is a specific order to carry out bleeding in the manual, that is (1) Front right (2) rear left (3) front left (4) rear right. this is the order to bleed your brake calipers in.
    I have also been using the permatex ultra disc brake caliper lube on the friction surface on my backing plates (where the shoes contact the plate) on my last few brake jobs and it looks like a really good lube for this application on the parking brake shoes.
    I also graphite sprayed all my hubs and wheel studs ( you may have noticed the grey color of these pieces) we use this spray on brake bias bars in Indycar and It difinately helps prevent siezing and rust issues so I have tried this on my project here, I am sure it will help.
    The other thing I must note is that the torque spec of 14.5 ftlbs 172 inch pounds seemed high to me I tried initially at a lower spec and ended up at 100 inch pounds. I have a feeling it would have pulled the thread at 172.

project is finished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00040 (2).jpg  

photos of car finished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00011 (3).jpg  

photos of car finished
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00019.jpg  

Love the lip...how much and where?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Love the lip...how much and where?
    The front lip spoiler was from Mauromotorsports.com and I bought it about four years ago for $339.99 the original item number there was #SUB02-EXT-007

a couple more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00038 (2).jpg  

a couple more pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00033 (2).jpg  

last shot of the day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00034 (2).jpg  

here is a link to my last major project, I am sure a lot of you are into racing and would like this, it is a look at the Inside of a Ferrari F1 Engine that I was involved in rebuilding. I am also into building scale models so I built a 1/12 scale tamiya model of the car that we were rebuilding the engine for.http://www.indianaimpreza.com/showth...610#post217610