Drews' Build Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drews' Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 I think Drews bought Deatschwerks if I recall...but its a relatively larger turbo compared to even ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I think Drews bought Deatschwerks if I recall...but its a relatively larger turbo compared to even a stock VF39/43 STI turbo (flows similarish to a 20G)...so I would imagine you'd have to upgrade at least to 750s or so just so you aren't maxing out the duty cycle.
    Yep I got the DW 850s. If you want I have some PE 800cc injectors I'd let go for cheap. I didn't use them because I didn't have the time to play around with tuning them without the data sheets.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Update! Just installed 3 of my several Defis....Looks pretty clean...I'll put up some pictures later.

Not a very good pic...I'll get another one tonight with no glare and them all lit up pretty
    Last edited by Drews; 02-17-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Update...FMIC installed, PPGs installed, low achieved.

I Support ClubWRX
    needs more low.....

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    needs more low.....
    This.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Update...FMIC installed, PPGs installed, low achieved.
    pics or it didn't happen. Protune time.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    pics or it didn't happen. Protune time.
    I've had a protune the whole time. I was too lazy/drunk to take pictures during the install lol.

I've had a protune the whole time. I was too lazy/drunk to take pictures during the install lol.
    Yeah I know you've had it protuned...but an FMIC will provide better cooling, and a bit more pressure loss over your TMIC, so you need to recalibrate for that. Also adding your PPGs will be different gearing (ratios may stay the same, but all in all, better holding power could provide for less power loss through the drivetrain). In my supremely superior opinions, I feel you'd net some more/better/different gains with another tune.

Yeah...with a real tune on a dyno. So we can see some damn numbers.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Yeah...with a real tune on a dyno. So we can see some damn numbers.
    I need an AWD dyno to do that

I dont like your attitude!

Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip...use some of that military leave!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I know you are in the FL panhandle...but are you far from Atlanta area in GA? Daytrip to Forged Performance or TopSpeed...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews
    No, you don't.

Based on a datalog, software can create a plot for you. Airboy's spreadsheet is pretty common.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    No, you don't.

Based on a datalog, software can create a plot for you. Airboy's spreadsheet is pretty common.
    I'll see if my tuner can pull one down when I get my FMIC tuned out.

where in florida are you there are plenty of AWD dynos in my area
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68