My WRX build - Page 7
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; gone...

gone
    Last edited by turb0; 09-15-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    2006 wrX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gone
    Last edited by turb0; 09-15-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    2006 wrX

Should have some paint on it in the next week.

Target is for a mid may event @ willow springs. Then I plan to do some more time attack events..
    2006 wrX

gone
    Last edited by turb0; 09-15-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    2006 wrX

I think this build is sick, lol on all the drama, glad to see everyone got passed it I think it will looks mean flat black
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I Support ClubWRX
    Get rid of those 6gun spindles... there have been quite a few people on NASIOC who have cracked those.

Is that the cosworth intake manifold?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very cool looking build you've got going, I'm not big on the type of wing you chose(they give me fast and furious flash backs) or the carbon fiber, but I can still appriciate the work you've been putting into it. It's coming along very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Get rid of those 6gun spindles... there have been quite a few people on NASIOC who have cracked those.

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look that up. I wonder what is going on with them.
    Yes thats a Cosworth intake.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
    Very cool looking build you've got going, I'm not big on the type of wing you chose(they give me fast and furious flash backs) or the carbon fiber, but I can still appriciate the work you've been putting into it. It's coming along very nicely.
    Everything on this car is about performance. This car only sees the track now days. And with the power I put down you need a functional wing. Voltex works... The roof is also not a overlay. This is the real deal. The AMS carbon roof drops 18lbs off the top of the car. Once again... Not a movie prop.. Installing it was a pita. I would do one again though. Always easier the 2nd time around.
    The whole car has been lots of work and I can't wait to get back out on the track with it. I still have the front splitter to make.. and a few other bits. Then install the inside guts back in the car.
    2006 wrX

I Support ClubWRX
    I always liked the look of their manifold.

As far as the 6guns... There was a guy that had one break while at the track, and he went into the tires. A few people chimed in saying the same thing happened to them, or that they had cracks and they switched to stock.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    Everything on this car is about performance. This car only sees the track now days. And with the power I put down you need a functional wing. Voltex works... The roof is also not a overlay. This is the real deal. The AMS carbon roof drops 18lbs off the top of the car. Once again... Not a movie prop.. Installing it was a pita. I would do one again though. Always easier the 2nd time around.
    The whole car has been lots of work and I can't wait to get back out on the track with it. I still have the front splitter to make.. and a few other bits. Then install the inside guts back in the car.
    Oh I know every little bit helps with weight and the wing's for performance, just whenever I see one I think 'ricer'. Nothing against you're build, I know you're putting down all sorts of power.

I Support ClubWRX
    yes

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

All I can find is they were breaking the bump steering tie rode ins. But I did read the piss poor customer service which is what I had to go thru as well. I guess I should feel lucky to have got mine as quick as I did. As for everything else its all whiteline and my tie rod ends were V2 at least. Not sure if they have upgraded them. That is my next mission to check on now.

Thanks for the heads up!!
    2006 wrX

Banned
    wow guy, you must be loaded. with all that money i would of just bought a 2011 STi.

Quote Originally Posted by gasstationboiII View Post
    wow guy, you must be loaded. with all that money i would of just bought a 2011 STi.
    I am sure I could have bought 2 at least. But why? So I can be like everyone else? No thanks... I'll take my car any day. Plus mines a hell of a lot faster.
    2006 wrX

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    I am sure I could have bought 2 at least. But why? So I can be like everyone else? No thanks... I'll take my car any day. Plus mines a hell of a lot faster.
    If you could of bought 2, why not buy 1 invest that other 1 into your car and make it go fast as the one you are building for less . That just doenst make sense to me unless you like handing out hard earn money, if you do please toss some this way.