My WRX build - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 159

This is a discussion on My WRX build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; That thing looks, and sounds, MEAN. I love it....

  1. #61
    Registered User MakeItRoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    321
    That thing looks, and sounds, MEAN. I love it.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Toboggan T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Your Mommas
    Posts
    25,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can tell me all day long how much cash you have in your Subaru.. Most of the parts you listed on your build sheet are much like mine on one of my subarus that I built myself.. You don't see me on here telling people I have a 130k into a Subaru, or I've talked to this person or that person or built cars for the barret Jackson auction that have sold over 260k.. It's not any of your business.. Just like any Subaru forum we have rules, nobody in here besides yourself is bending them. Everyone told you that whe 10" wide wheels on a road driven Subaru is a bad idea.. You argued that point to death.... They moved on and said good luck with the build but you continue to argue with everyone about there opinion. Much like you are entitled to your opinion everyone else is as well. Welcome to the Internet hot rod.. Better grow some thicker skin.. Also if you want to brag about dollars spent on a vehicle.. Move on.. Nobody wants to hear it.


    Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    Uhhhmmm sorry.. did I ask anyone to tell me what to do? Did I ask the last guy to assume things that where not? Last time I checked. I'm the one that paid the 130k to build and still finishing my car. When you spend that much cash. And yes I dont have credit cards, You reseach and you talk to people that know. Most the stuff on the forums are , bolt on stuff. Very few have the backround or a build to "tell me" what I should be doing. Let alone the shop thats building the car.
    So why dont you delete all the B.S. on the thread and maybe moderate the people coming into the thread and causing the problems. I'm not on their threads talking smack. Hell look what I put up in the motorcycle thread. I'd like to ad more to this place. But when you have people telling someone not to do something that they are clearly not. Thats your problem to moderate them. Not me Last time I looked, it was a thread I posted not the others. Almost everyone that has come into my build thread has been rude or assumed they know more then me. This is not my 1st time in the pony show.


    Would be crazy to think you might ask questions about my car and you might learn a bit. like I said above. Not to many people have the money or time to build this type of car. And if they do, they are not really on the forums. Also add I'm doing this with no hook ups as well. If you like to see or hear about the car or me. Come to the track.

    I also think its funny, out of all the subaru forums. This is the only place that has memebers act like they are subaru gods.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  4. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You can tell me all day long how much cash you have in your Subaru.. Most of the parts you listed on your build sheet are much like mine on one of my subarus that I built myself.. You don't see me on here telling people I have a 130k into a Subaru, or I've talked to this person or that person or built cars for the barret Jackson auction that have sold over 260k.. It's not any of your business.. Just like any Subaru forum we have rules, nobody in here besides yourself is bending them. Everyone told you that whe 10" wide wheels on a road driven Subaru is a bad idea.. You argued that point to death.... They moved on and said good luck with the build but you continue to argue with everyone about there opinion. Much like you are entitled to your opinion everyone else is as well. Welcome to the Internet hot rod.. Better grow some thicker skin.. Also if you want to brag about dollars spent on a vehicle.. Move on.. Nobody wants to hear it.
    And my point is... unless you know me or my backround.... you might stand to learn something. Also.... The yamaha guy really had no bases to say what he said. Even another memeber said the samething.
    so why dont you clean that up and give that guy crap for derailing the thread.

    Glad you like barrett jackson. Next time your there look me up. I'll show you some neat stuff.

    I am guessing its pointless to share the upcoming work on my wrx's quest hit 200mph at Bonneville Salt Flats .... As this place seems to want to tear your car apart worse then any tech inspector at any of the 50 or so racetracks I've been too.
    So really why not police some of the people that have come into my thread. Clean it up and well be a mod. If you do that. I might start a thread on my quest to 200mph in a Subaru. Which would include some really neat stuff since I was out there last year with the bikes.

    Or I can just stop coming here its your choice. I dont need to share the specs and set up or my upcoming track events.
    2006 wrX

  5. #64
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,840
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There's just no need to get all defensive about things on either side. If I wanted to visit a site where everyone was just bickering at each other, or having some kind of pissing contest about how much money they spent, or who they know, then I would just head over to NASIOC.

    If you think there are members who act like they are the Subaru god, then you obviously haven't been to many other sites. (and from what I can tell you're the main one acting that way)


    I'm not saying that I don't want to hear about your car, but it would be a more pleasant read if you would just let some things go. That will be cool if you can crack 200mph.. I know a guy locally that did 198mph in the Texas mile last year and AFIK that's the fastest Subaru recorded in this hemisphere.

    Impreza's don't have the greatest coefficient of drag, so it's no easy task.



    I really see nothing other people have to said to you that's been that bad.. if you disagree, that's your right, but there's no need to get upset about it.

  6. #65
    "Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC area
    Posts
    2,190
    Man there's a lot of hate going on in this thread.... such a nice car too.

    Not really my "style".... and way above my budget..... but I definitely respect the work that has gone into it.

    Not going to bicker about the wheel/offset choice..... I know plenty of guys I see at the track running 17x10s all day long.... and sitting much lower than you are.

    It's your tire choice I'm confused about.... BFG KDWs??? I've never used them myself, but that's only because every local racer I've talked to swears against them. For less money, you can pick up Yoko A048s and stay above the 140 TW rating for SCCA purposes, or just drop down to a set of Hoosiers, R-1s, or even a cheap set of the Kuhmo race slicks for better cornering grip. I'm confused - with all the $$$ you have put into this car.... why those tires?
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

  7. #66
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    This started as such a good thread, What happened??? Turb0, By looking at your car I'm sure that you have quite a bit of knowledge about Subaru (or at least you know people with knowledge), but you're on a forum. You have to expect people to question your choices and add their opinions, isn't that the nature of a forum? Reading the whole "cruising" debate got a little out of hand and sounded like a miscommunication on both ends. I, for one, would be very interested to see what you do to get to 200MPH in one of these cars, but you can't be so offended by others opinions, that's the nature of a forum. Instead of being offended by opinions, why not educate those with questions about what you are trying to accomplish and the reasons behind them.

    /old man rant!!/

  8. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Man there's a lot of hate going on in this thread.... such a nice car too.

    Not really my "style".... and way above my budget..... but I definitely respect the work that has gone into it.

    Not going to bicker about the wheel/offset choice..... I know plenty of guys I see at the track running 17x10s all day long.... and sitting much lower than you are.

    It's your tire choice I'm confused about.... BFG KDWs??? I've never used them myself, but that's only because every local racer I've talked to swears against them. For less money, you can pick up Yoko A048s and stay above the 140 TW rating for SCCA purposes, or just drop down to a set of Hoosiers, R-1s, or even a cheap set of the Kuhmo race slicks for better cornering grip. I'm confused - with all the $$$ you have put into this car.... why those tires?
    Thanks .. Those tires are like 2 years old and have sat for over a year and a half. They are coming off soon as the new wheels are going on. I'm got them on just to burn them off.... lol
    I gotta get the new tire and wheel combo on so the widebody can be finished. Body guy wants to build the body around the tire/rim combo. I would have liked to go back to 17's But running the big brakes I can't 356mm rotors and huge calipers will not fit. Bummed out.. But these brakes rock!

    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I, for one, would be very interested to see what you do to get to 200MPH in one of these cars, but you can't be so offended by others opinions, that's the nature of a forum. Instead of being offended by opinions, why not educate those with questions about what you are trying to accomplish and the reasons behind them.

    /old man rant!!/
    Its all good. This place seems to be the only place that I have run into this problem. And I even own a few web forums. But its all good.

    I think we are going to try for 150-159.99 the 1st event out this will show any problems that might come up. After the cage,drive shaft loop.. I am searching for some 5x114 narrow wheels. Then all the aero stuff will have to come off. Maybe the defuser will stay and all the under panneling The car is going to have to qualify on the short track. I have a cage builder to build a cage for the car. Its gotta be legal and have room for my sons car seat. He's going to be 2 and this project is a father/son sort of thing. Once we hit that 159.99 Then we will move up in class and run for 200

    Building a plan now. should be fun.
    Last edited by turb0; 01-25-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    2006 wrX

  9. #68
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,880
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice car; impressive specs.

    That said, the attitude of the thread has really gone sour due to what I perceive to be some over-defensiveness. Let's all take a step back and have a beer, mkay?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  10. #69
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,840
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Let's all take a step back and have a beer, mkay?


    Best idea I've heard all day.




    As far as the Bonneville run.. I remember something about the salt having much greater friction than a regular tarmac surface, so it's harder to go fast on the salt, right? Also, how long is the race? Just trying to get an idea of what 200mph is going to take. The guy here that did 198 in the standing mile was running a 40r, and my favorite part, stock STi gearing.

  11. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Best idea I've heard all day.




    As far as the Bonneville run.. I remember something about the salt having much greater friction than a regular tarmac surface, so it's harder to go fast on the salt, right? Also, how long is the race? Just trying to get an idea of what 200mph is going to take. The guy here that did 198 in the standing mile was running a 40r, and my favorite part, stock STi gearing.
    Gearing is a big question right now. I will run the 35r to get a feel for the car with skinny tires. Then will have a 40r to go for the 200..

    There are three tracks that go from 2 mile, 5 mile and 10 mile. You have to run once on the 2 mile at 125mph to get your lic. to run the big tracks. I really think 5 mile is good enough. I trying to figure out what the EGT's will be like.
    The salt is like pavement at speed maybe a little looser.. On the bikes we were spinning up the rear tire at 170mph. Had to add 30lbs of weight to the rear axle.
    2006 wrX

  12. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Is there a link to his run. I'd like to read up on what he did.
    2006 wrX

  13. #72
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,840
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'll look and see.. IIRC he did a little write up on his experiences at the Texas Mile event.




    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...texas+mile+198
    Last edited by MainFrame; 01-25-2011 at 09:44 PM.

  14. #73
    Subaru Newb MainFrame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    7,840
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Also, if you are looking into custom ratio gears talk to Andrewtech. They will make you just about any gear ratio you want (for a price, I think it was somewhere around $3000/gear). PPG's stance is basically, this is what we make, so that's what you get.


    My builder has put together a spreadsheet for calculating speed/gear ratio, with tire size inputs and everything. Would definitely come in handy for a LSR attempt.

  15. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Made well over 400 whp yesterday on 91 pump gas. Over 500 whp on 109... post up more when I pick up the car today.
    2006 wrX

  16. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    gone
    Last edited by turb0; 09-15-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    2006 wrX

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •