My WRX build - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on My WRX build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by brfatal If you're a 'race tire engineer', then you should understand why the wheels in the specifications ...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    If you're a 'race tire engineer', then you should understand why the wheels in the specifications you want are a bad idea.
    Please fill me in? Are you talking about wheel bearings? unsprung weight?
    2006 wrX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    Please fill me in? Are you talking about wheel bearings? unsprung weight?
    From a reliability and, especially, a performance stand point (I'm not referring to weight).

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're a 'race tire engineer', then you should understand why the wheels in the specifications you want are a bad idea.
    Glad someone else decided to chime in with me lol. I'm no race tire engineer and it's been awhile since I have been in the mechanical game but it doesn't take rocket science to spot a bad idea. I'm not closed minded, build whatever you want but a 10" wide wheel doesn't belong on a vin plated subaru

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

From a reliability and, especially, a performance stand point (I'm not referring to weight).
    So we are talking about wheel bearings?
    2006 wrX

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    So we are talking about wheel bearings?
    No exactly. More than just the wheel bearings are under additional stress. And again, there are also the performance aspects. Less turn in response, more difficult steering, reduced contact patch, additional tramlining, etc.

No exactly. More than just the wheel bearings are under additional stress. And again, there are also the performance aspects. Less turn in response, more difficult steering, reduced contact patch, additional tramlining, etc.
    Well I have the bearing issues resolved. I also do not have a single stock piece in my suspension and steering. I even have my own spec's and the cars being corner weighted.
    I am going for larger contact patch, for acceleration and quicker, controlled stopping under braking. You can have the biggest brakes in the world, But if the tire cant stick to the road, Your just going to slide to a stop. I have already addressed those concerns above. Which like I said. This is not a bling car.
    My car is that one car that's been well thought out. I don't believe in dropping $3600 on wheels for just looks. The Volks, and I am waiting on a reply back, are from what I heard have less unsprung weight then the nt03's i run now.
    2006 wrX

And again, there are also the performance aspects. Less turn in response, more difficult steering, reduced contact patch, additional tramlining, etc.
    Ahhhh I'm not running 6* neg camber to get these to fit. I can run a standard oem subaru alignment spec and have no problems.

I think you mistake me for the misfit crew or something, No fender pulling or rollin going on here....
    2006 wrX

I Support ClubWRX
    Have a good time..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well I have the bearing issues resolved. I also do not have a single stock piece in my suspension and steering. I even have my own spec's and the cars being corner weighted.
    I am going for larger contact patch, for acceleration and quicker, controlled stopping under braking. You can have the biggest brakes in the world, But if the tire cant stick to the road, Your just going to slide to a stop. I have already addressed those concerns above. Which like I said. This is not a bling car.
    My car is that one car that's been well thought out. I don't believe in dropping $3600 on wheels for just looks. The Volks, and I am waiting on a reply back, are from what I heard have less unsprung weight then the nt03's i run now.
    When you drastically change the offset, you are changing the weight placement on the wheel. This can alter the shape and size of the contact patch, Running 17x10s are fine for your application, but pick a better offset.

The cosworth TGV deletes are soooo nice. I now understand why they went straight to back order. I'm glad my guy was able to get me a set.

So dry sump is out. We dont think it would last under everyday use.

And the CE28's in bronze are in.
    And I just returned home with my zero/sports front and rear bumpers. I gotta find some front fenders asap.!!!!!

Car goes under the knife next week. I just paid for all the goodies over the weekend.

Also I am having a custom air/oil seperator made up and a custom oil cooler made that will fit under the hood scoop.
    2006 wrX

I think there are others that were thought out pretty well. I had a company spend millions upon millions in research and development on my car to make it the perfect balance of speed, handling, reliability, and value.... Subaru!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I think there are others that were thought out pretty well. I had a company spend millions upon millions in research and development on my car to make it the perfect balance of speed, handling, reliability, and value.... Subaru!
    He meant in terms of modifications.

Looking forward to see the more pictures and details on the build!

He meant in terms of modifications.
    It was a joke. Not a good one, but a joke

I was wondering, What are you going to do about the fenders? 9.5 & 10" wheels just don't fit (well neither do the ones the car is wearing in the first picture).

Are you going to modify the fenders to go over the wheels? Is that part of a wide body kit in the first picture?
    We certainly don't want you to pull ones of these.
    http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/24/2...zx2-flips-out/