96accord's '07 WRB WRX Limited - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on 96accord's '07 WRB WRX Limited within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My response was a bit harsh. Get the parts you like...

My response was a bit harsh. Get the parts you like
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    You already know why not to get an OEM lip. I suggested the poly lip that will not break if you decide to get another lip. Which I think you should. Your car looks awesome with the lip.

No offense, but your a bit off my good friend. A polyurethane lip from Mach V will bend but not break. It looks identical to the OEM. You can put tire dressing on it and keep it looking new or spray paint it as you wish.

What it will not do, for the cost, is break like the POS OEM lip you lucked into. The poly lip will not get stiff and will survive hitting the ice or snow clumps. The OEM lip will just break.

Don't believe me? Use the search button...

But if you can laugh after losing a part valued at $500 off your car, more power to you
    I will definitely get a new lip around Spring time and I have learned that if it snow this bad next time I have a lip I won't be going out in it! Tell ya that right now!! I don't like the snow/cold/winter anyways.

I did have an ebay one before if you read above. I did spray paint it correctly and it peeled. So I figured I found a real v-limited lip for $200 (normally $500 brand new) so I'd jump on that deal instead of re-painting the fake e-bay one again.

I know what the search button is. I am not new to the Club or other Subaru Forums or forums in general..

Yes I can laugh at losing a part valued at $500 because in my mind I didn't spend $500, I only spent $200. Plus why I laugh it that everything that happened (lip broke, fender-liner came out) all happened within less than .5 of a mile from my house. It wasn't like I was going to do donuts in a parking lot.. I went from my house to my girlfriends house (she lives in the same neighborhood) and when i got there there was no parking so I turned around and went back the way I came.... but there was snow/ice laying across the street from the snowplows... You live and you learn.

Am I sad I lost the lip - Yes
    Am I more pissed I broke the fender-liner - YES
    Am I more pissed I messed the fender up a bit - YES!
    Am I the most pissed that it all happened when I wasn't doing stupid **** - HELL YES!!

My response was a bit harsh. Get the parts you like
    Say what you want to say. I don't take things to heart!

Harsh... Maybe... Your opinions.. Yes

It just sounds like you are bitter because I should have just bought the fake/replica lip instead of the real v-limited lip.. Is that true? Why don't you like the real lip? Because they don't hold us as good as the fake lips?

Just curious.

Thanks

-Jeff

PS: Hope ya had a Good New Years!

Well... How about a 1 year update?

April 2010 @ Annapolis Subaru

Had some issues with the fuel pump power connector back in June 2010... It sucks but two of the pins on the connector were pushed back (somehow) and caused my issues..

September 2010: She was detailed

December 23rd, 2010 *They love salt here in Maryland... We had 1" of snow and it was melted by the time I got off work but they used a TON of salt *

December 29th, 2010 *We got around .4" of snow (yes .4 of an inch) and they love the salt*

It rained this past weekend so most of the salt is off lol
    -Jeff

More salt on the way... boo salt!
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Your car looks like ass, Jeff.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i want your car. SICK. and you should move to california if you dont like salt. its not legal to salt roads out here.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

More salt on the way... boo salt!
    I hope not. Heard the snow is gonna miss us down here

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Your car looks like ass, Jeff.
    Thanks. Go Jets! beat the COLTS!

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    i want your car. SICK. and you should move to california if you dont like salt. its not legal to salt roads out here.
    Thanks. I wish I lived in Cali or somewhere warmer..

I think your Ravens are going to crash and burn before they even get to the stadium
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I think your Ravens are going to crash and burn before they even get to the stadium
    That's not nice! I didn't wish your Colts to die. Just lose! :P

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    That's not nice! I didn't wish your Colts to die. Just lose! :P
    I never said die...I just said crash and burn hahaha. Mame em a little...

But regardless...your car does look good dude. Very clean and classy looking.

I never said die...I just said crash and burn hahaha. Mame em a little...

But regardless...your car does look good dude. Very clean and classy looking.
    Well crash and burn = die! hahaha :P

Thanks man. When's the next meet up there? I went to an Cheesesteak Meet @ Tony Luke's with another forum (not nasioc) but it was my FIRST Philly Cheesesteak! It was GOOD!

Well I haven't been on here much... I updated the first post.

Car looks the same but some stuff that you can't see has changed.

Upgraded the fender cowl braces back in February of this year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3446807498_03a5fabb03.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	105590

Upgraded the brakes.

- StopTech Power Slotted Front & Rear Rotors
    - StopTech Front & Rear Pads
    - StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Lines (not yet installed)

- Installed eBay H-Brace (Probably won't do **** but whatever)
    - Installed Subtle Solutions Alternator Cover

Like I said she looks the same as she did when I last updated this thread... but here she is from May 2011.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back Jeff.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Looks good!

What do the cowl braces do?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Looks good!

What do the cowl braces do?
    Thanks.

Some more info on the braces -> TiC Giuyngmyo Fender Cowl Braces

"What they do: Tie the lower a-pillar frame member to the upper front frame member for triangulation of the junction between to two to make it stronger. There are braces there in the stock config, but those are stamped steel, and about as strong as a wet noodle. Ours are much stiffer."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast